Scala and Spark for Big Data and Machine Learning
What you'll learn
- Use Scala for Programming
- Use Spark 2.0 DataFrames to read and manipulate data
- Use Spark to Process Large Datasets
- Understand hot to use Spark on AWS and DataBricks
- Basic Programming Knowledge in some language
- Basic Math Skills
- English Language
Learn how to utilize some of the most valuable tech skills on the market today, Scala and Spark! In this course we will show you how to use Scala and Spark to analyze Big Data.
Scala and Spark are two of the most in demand skills right now, and with this course you can learn them quickly and easily! This course comes packed with content:
- Crash Course in Scala Programming
- Spark and Big Data Ecosystem Overview
- Using Spark's MLlib for Machine Learning
- Scale up Spark jobs using Amazon Web Services
- Learn how to use Databrick's Big Data Platform
- and much more!
This course comes with full projects for you including topics such as analyzing financial data or using machine learning to classify Ecommerce customer behavior! We teach the latest methodologies of Spark 2.0 so you can learn how to use SparkSQL, Spark DataFrames, and Spark's MLlib!
After completing this course you will feel comfortable putting Scala and Spark on your resume!
Thanks and I will see you inside the course!
Who this course is for:
- Someone who already knows how to program and is interested in learning Big Data Technologies
- Interested in using Spark with Scala for Machine Learning with Large Data Sets
Jose Marcial Portilla has a BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering from Santa Clara University and years of experience as a professional instructor and trainer for Data Science, Machine Learning and Python Programming. He has publications and patents in various fields such as microfluidics, materials science, and data science. Over the course of his career he has developed a skill set in analyzing data and he hopes to use his experience in teaching and data science to help other people learn the power of programming, the ability to analyze data, and the skills needed to present the data in clear and beautiful visualizations. Currently he works as the Head of Data Science for Pierian Training and provides in-person data science and python programming training courses to employees working at top companies, including General Electric, Cigna, The New York Times, Credit Suisse, McKinsey and many more. Feel free to check out the website link to find out more information about training offerings.