Scala and Spark 2 - Getting Started
- Computer with 4 GB RAM and 64 bit operating system
- Basic programming skills
This course is primarily to set up development environment to build Scala based Spark applications. As part of this we will see
- Setup Development environment to build highly scalable applications using Scala and Spark
- Demonstration of developing Spark applications using IntelliJ as IDE and Scala as programming language
This course is primarily to set up development environment and get ready to explore Scala and Spark in more detail.
Who this course is for:
- Any one who want to setup development environment for Scala and Spark
- 05:16Setup Java and JDK
- 06:53Install Scala with IntelliJ IDE
- 09:07Develop Hello World Program using Scala
- 04:18Setup sbt and run application HelloWorld
- 04:31Add spark dependencies to the application
- 04:37Setting up winutils.exe on Windows (64 bit)
- 03:16Setup Data Sets - retail_db
- 07:46Develop first spark application - Get revenue for each order from order_items
- 02:07Build Jar file using sbt
- 04:07Download and install Spark using 7z on Windows
- 02:12Configure environment variables for Spark on Windows
- 03:03Running spark job using spark-shell
- 06:15Validating spark job from jar file using spark-submit
13+ years of experience in executing complex projects using vast array of technologies including Big Data and Cloud.
ITVersity, Inc. - a US based organization to provide quality training for IT professionals and we have the track record of training hundreds of thousands of professionals globally.
Building IT career for people with required tools such as high quality material, labs, live support etc to upskill and cross skill is paramount for our organization.
At this time our training offerings are focused on following areas:
* Application Development using Python and SQL
* Big Data and Business Intelligence
* Datawarehousing, Databases
We have built a team to support going forward. If you send messages to this account for our courses, they will be sent to our Helpdesk from where we will be rewriting to our team.