SC-200: Microsoft Security Operations Analyst
What you'll learn
- Define the capabilities of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
- Understand how to hunt threats within your network.
- Explain how Microsoft Defender for Endpoint can remediate risks in your environment.
- Create a Microsoft Defender for Endpoint environment
- Onboard devices to be monitored by Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Configure Microsoft Defender for Endpoint environment settings
- Investigate incidents in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Investigate alerts in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Perform advanced hunting in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Configure alert settings in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Construct KQL statements
- Manage indicators in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Describe Threat and Vulnerability Management in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Identify vulnerabilities on your devices with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Track emerging threats in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Basic understanding of Microsoft 365
- Intermediate understanding of Windows 10 devices
- Passion to learn about Cyber security
- Unlearn and learn new aspects of cloud security via Microsoft Defender
- Fundamental understanding of Microsoft security, compliance, and identity products
- Familiarity with Azure services, specifically Azure SQL Database and Azure Storage
- Familiarity with Azure virtual machines and virtual networking
- Foundational knowledge of computer networking
- Basic understanding of scripting concepts.
There is no short cut to learning Azure security. This course teaches you how to learn it the right way with tons of labs excercises and the right volume of labs .
The Microsoft Security Operations Analyst works with organizational stakeholders to secure the organization's information technology systems. Their mission is to reduce corporate risk by quickly resolving active attacks in the environment, advising on threat protection practices, and reporting policy violations to the proper stakeholders.
Threat management, monitoring, and response using a variety of security technologies across their environment are among their responsibilities. Using Microsoft Azure Sentinel, Azure Defender, Microsoft 365 Defender, and third-party security tools, the position primarily investigates, responds to, and hunts for threats. The security operations analyst is a key stakeholder in the configuration and implementation of these technologies since they consume the operational output of these solutions.
The following topics needs to be completed in order to achieve SC - 200 Certification.
Module 1 Mitigate threats using Microsoft 365 Defender
Module 2 Mitigate threats using Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
Module 3 Mitigate threats using Azure Defender
Module 4 Create queries for Azure Sentinel using Kusto Query Language
Module 5 Microsoft Sentinel Environment - Configuration
Module 6 Microsoft Sentinel Environment - Connecting Logs
Module 7 Microsoft Sentinel Environment - Incidents,Threat Response , UEBA and Monitoring
Module 8 Module 8 Perform Threat Hunting with Microsoft Sentinel
You will learn to Implement the Microsoft Defender for Endpoint platform to detect, investigate, and respond to advanced threats.
This learning path aligns with exam SC-200: Microsoft Security Operations Analyst Exam.
Reviews from Participants -
In the beginning I was a little intimidated by the immensity of Microsoft security environment, but getting along with the course it all clicked in my head. The concepts are presented at a very good pace and I like that the information is on point. Segmenting the videos in small chunks is also beneficial for time management. I really appreciate and recommend this course! - Adrian Carbune
Great course. I learned a lot about Defender and Sentinel. I especially liked the module on KQL. IMO, it's the best tutorial on Kusto that I've found on the web. If Anand were to create a course that went in-depth on KQL I would certainly purchase it.
Anand has structured the course well, so that anyone, irrespective of their experience in Security, would be able to follow with ease. The course aligns very well with the Certification track. I strongly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in understanding Security.
am truley satisfied with this course. Anand nails the security features of M 365 defender suite. The graphics , narration and worlkflows are commendable. Just labs, labs and labs . Its all about getting straight to the point. Great Job!!!
Great course, congratulations to teacher! Help me a lot to gain very knowledge about Defender and Sentinel. I appreciate it!!!
It was one of the The best course .Your are an amazing Instructor.
This course is Awsome! One of the best I've ever made over here in Udemy platform.
Who this course is for:
- Participants aspiring for SC 200 Certification
- Everyone who aspires to work in the modern age SOC environment
- Anyone wants to learn the M365 defender Suite of services
Meet Anand, a seasoned IT professional with over 20 years of experience and a specialization in Active Directory. Anand is a cloud computing expert who has been working in this field since 2012. He holds multiple vendor and vendor-neutral certifications in cloud computing and cyber security, making him a trusted advisor for organizations looking to transition to the cloud.
With his extensive experience and expertise, Anand has provided consultation to numerous organizations and helped them set up cloud infrastructure and optimize their cloud operations. He also has a strong inclination towards information security and data engineering platforms, making him a go-to resource for clients seeking guidance in these areas.
Anand's passion for sharing knowledge and educating others is evident through his blog articles, YouTube videos, and Udemy courses. He is committed to helping others understand complex cloud and security concepts in a simple and understandable way.
If you are looking for a cloud computing expert with extensive experience, a passion for knowledge-sharing, and a commitment to providing the best solutions for your organization, look no further than Anand. Contact him today to discuss how he can help take your cloud infrastructure and security to the next level.
Microsoft Certified Trainer ( MCT )
SY0-401 : CompTIA Security +
Scrum Certified master ( SCRUM )
Certified Network Defender ( CND – EC-Council )
Certified Ethical hacker ( CEH – EC-Council )
70-640 MS Active Directory
70-533 MS Azure Administration
70-534 MS Azure Architecture
AWS certified solutions Architect – Associate
AWS certified sysops administrator – Associate
Google Cloud Platform-Cloud Architect (GCP)
Certified Cloud Security Knowledge ( CCSK )
Microsoft Security series Certified
MS-500 , Az -500 , SC-900 , SC 200 , SC-300 & SC -100