SAS Programming in 7 Steps
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand SAS as a programming language and see the benefits of SAS over Excel
- See the workings of the SAS environment with PC-SAS and methods of importing data into SAS
- Understand the SAS environment, for example whether fields in the data are numeric, character, or date, or whether there are non-required fields in the data
- Import data into SAS sorting data, merging two datasets and using if-then-else commands
- Use logical operators such as “AND” and “OR” to select particular portions of the data
- Work with data and procedure statements in SAS. Report a graphical presentation, and create an output
- Learn to utilize key features such as arithmetic operators and pulling variables from the database using SQL
- Analyst without any programming background or are new to SAS programming,
SAS is a programming language designed specifically to analyze statistical data. SAS transforms data into insights, which can give you a fresh perspective on business. This course teaches you about SAS studio to write SAS code.
In this course, you’ll learn how to get your data into SAS by reading data through various methods. You’ll see how to create and import SAS data. You’ll work with data by using conditional statements and functions in SAS. You’ll also learn about various SAS procedures to work with your data.
All of the concepts are covered using a structured, practical implementation through mini-projects. You’ll learn by coding in a hands-on way, working in a SAS programming environment, and getting a detailed step-by-step explanation and implementation of each concept.
About the Author
Aditi Pratap Sampat completed her Master’s in Statistics at the University of Bombay. She has worked extensively on various analytics platforms during her professional experience with several large multi-national organizations such as GE Capital, Oracle, Morgan Stanley, and ICICI. Currently, she is working on many projects related to research in the analytical and legal spheres.
- If you’re an analyst without any programming background or are new to SAS programming, this is the course for you. Those looking to prepare for the SAS Certified Base exam will also find this tutorial a key resource.
In this video, you’ll learn in detail about temporary and permanent libraries in SAS as well as explaining the work library in detail.
• Learn about the concept of library
• Learn how to access the libraries
• Understand the different types of library
In this video, you’ll learn about the CONTENTS procedure to find the variables and the variable types in the data.
• Understand the CONTENTS procedure to find the variable names, their types, length, and so on
• Execute the different types of variables in live SAS studio
In this video, you’ll learn how to find the missing values by the frequency procedure.
• Explain the concept of categorical variable
• Run the frequency procedure for distinct values of categorical variables
• Obtain the count of missing observations in the data
In this video, you’ll find out the average, minimum, and maximum values of the numeric variables in SAS.
• Derive the descriptive statistics using the means procedure on numeric and continuous variables
• Use the minimum and maximum of observations to find the extreme values in the data
In this video, you’ll learn about the univariate procedure to obtain various statistical results in SAS.
• Understanding the univariate procedure as an exploratory data analysis tool for numeric variables
• Derive normality tests for avariable
In this video, you’ll learn about the sort procedures of the SAS.
• Understand the SORT procedure and its iterations
• Use the SORT procedure in SAS
In this video, you’ll introduce to different types of arithmetic operators.
• Create new dataset with new variable in dataset
• Understand the arithmetic operators such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in SAS
The aim of this section is to gain an understanding of the process, to enhance the output using ODS HTML, label, and title statements.
• Learn how to label variables and values in SAS
• Understand ODS HTML in SAS
• Talk about the title statement in SAS
The aim of this video is to understand the advantages of the Tabulate procedure over Pivot table of Excel.
• Display the comparison between Proc Tabulate in SAS and Pivot table in Excel
• Understand why Proc Tabulate is better than Pivot table in Excel
Using the FORMAT and INFORMAT statements with regards to dates in SAS.
• Provide an overview for the usage of MDY function in SAS
• Show a code example in SAS Studio for the MDY function to create dates using FORMAT statement
• Show a code example in SAS Studio for the MDY function to create dates using INFORMAT statement
Calculating the number of days/years using the DATDIF and YRDIF functions in SAS.
• Provide an overview for the DATDIF function
• Show a code example in SAS Studio to find days/years between two dates using DATDIF function
• Provide an overview and show a code example in SAS Studio to find days/years between two dates using YRDIF function