SAS MACRO Programming - Advanced Programming for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Each student will be able to immediately apply the knowledge acquired in the course
- Programming level of each student will increase significantly
- Each student will know to make more efficient code
- Basic knowledge of SAS (SAS Base)
- Basic knowledge of most useful SAS Procedures, such as proc means, proc print, proc sort, prot ttest and et cetera.
Welcome to the course "SAS Macro Programming - Advanced Programming for Beginners". Macro facility is an important feature of SAS Language. This course will help the novice SAS user bridge the gap between beginner and advanced programmer.
My goal is that at the end of the course, you will not only know and understand Macro Language, but also know to implement it in your programs. Therefore this course includes a lot of assignments. This will allow you to practice and to gain experience. I put a strong emphasis on practice.
All the code programmed during the course can be downloaded. However, i recommend and suggest you to write the code independently, so you can understand it in depth
I divided the course into four sections. First section is Introduction. It includes lectures such as Installation & Familiarity with SAS University Edition and Introduction to SAS Macro. As you will see, SAS Macro consist of two basic elements : macro variables and macros. So in the second section, we will learn macro variables and n the third section we will learn macros. The last section is Conclusions.
If you have any questions about the material, suggestions or ideas how to improve the course, i would be very happy to hear them. Guys, don't hesitate to ask the questions. I will answer any of them.
I sincerely hope you will enjoy the course, and i promise that your programming level will increase significantly!
Who this course is for:
- SAS Macro programming course for those who want to become an expert in SAS
- The course is intended for those students who wish to significantly increase programming level
I am Data Scientist. I have more than 10 years experience working with analyzing of data, Data Mining and Machine Learning.
Data Analysis it's more than my job, it's my hobby. I love it and enjoy it.
I am programmer in Python, SAS, R and Matlab.
I am interested and developing models for retail market, such as product assortment decisions, predicting customer loyalty, demand forecasting and et cetera.
In addition, i developed and implemented a variety of models in the area of risk management and finance.