SAP : Supply Chain Logistics in R/3
What you'll learn
- Understand the core concepts of Supply Chain Logistic & Transportation
- Execute the SAP Logistic & Transportation processes and transactions in SAP R/3
- Configure the Logistic process in SAP covering the modules such as SD, WM, MM, HU and Transportation
- Apply the SAP Best Practices into the Logistic Processes & Transportation
- Build a complete, end to end, integrated Supply Chain solution in SAP
- The integration points in the SAP Supply Chain process
- The skills requried to be a SAP SCM Solution Architect
- Prepare for interviews related to SAP
- Have access to a SAP client
Why this course?
Included as part of "Udemy for Business", this course covers the SAP Supply Chain process and covers the topics of sales, logistics execution, transportation, warehouse and much, much, more. Unlike other SAP course that just covers a single module, this course covers SD, MM, IM, WM, LE and much more.
That is why I am excited about this course. This course covers BOTH the business context how the process should work and how it is to be configured in SAP R/3, across all the different modules in SAP. No other course will integrate all these modules and explain how the SAP Supply Chain works.
This is based on my 25 years of experience as a SAP management consultant transforming businesses using SAP. This is usually the role of SAP SCM Solution Architect and it takes years of industrial experience.
The course is designed so that after taking the course, you will be able to
Understand the end to end supply chain solution for logistic and transportation
Identify the different requirements and scenarios in different industries
Design and configure these solutions in SAP
Execute the solution in SAP
The course will cover Supply Chain Logistic Execution and Transportation topics such as :
Inbound deliveries, when and how they are to be used.
How to create and use Outbound deliveries effectively.
Picking strategies and how they are executed in SAP Warehouse Management
Packing in the SAP Handling Unit Management
What are shipments and how to use SAP shipments
Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
MM transactions such as Stock Transport Orders & SAP Subcontracting
Using EDI and SAP Idocs in the Supply Chain.
Learn about the returns and SAP new Advance Returns process (in S/4 HANA)
This cover modules such as Sales and Distribution (SD), Material Management (MM) , Purchasing, Handling Unit Management and Warehouse Management (WM) and Shipping (LE-TRE).
It is not just SAP details that this course will be covering, the business topics such as
The process from the perspective of the business and users.
The integration and context of Supply Chain Management .
How to run these processes in SAP and why do we execute them in a particular way.
SAP "Best Practice".
Future proof your career by expanding your knowledge into SAP Supply Chain, one of the most in demand skills in today's SAP market.
Updated in 2021 :
Enterprise Services : Lectures added
Updated in 2020 :
Introduction to Supply Chain EDI added.
SAP S/4 trail video updated as to include Azure service
Updated visual and sound for better quality, replaced (most) of the "blackboard" written graphics with cleaner ppt & animations
End to End SAP demonstration added.
Updated in 2019 :
Shipment cost FTL and LTL introduction added.
Various business process for SCM added.
Updated in 2018 : Introduction to Shipment Cost added to the course
Updated in 2017 :
Course updated to reflect new business partners concept in S/4 HANA.
Course updated with real life business case to test your knowledge and understanding of the course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone that wants further expand their knowledge into the Supply Chain area, SAP or other wise.
- SAP consultants that want to expand their knowledge from a "single" module to the Supply Chain space.
- Anyone that wants to understand the core concepts of the logistics & transportation in the Supply Chain, especially in SAP
- Anyone that wants to learn how to integrate the various SAP modules into one coherent Supply Chain process.
- SAP consultants wanting to be Solution Architects. Being able to integration the various SAP modules is key to this role.
- Anyone applying for a SAP role or interview. Employees want to see end to end integration and business process knowledge in their candidates.
I am a SAP Solution Architect with over 25 years of industrial and SAP experience working in the Logistic Supply Chain Management (SCM) consulting space, covering the SAP modules of SD, MM, IM and WM and even 3rd party SAP software such as Ortec and I2 Loadbuilder.
So far, I have been lucky enough to have participated on so many interesting SAP projects for fantastic companies like Procter and Gamble, Accenture, Caterpillar, etc. During this time, I have been a SAP functional consultant, Master Data Consultant and even a Test Manager. I have learnt from the best and I look forward to sharing my experience with everyone.
I hope you enjoy my work.