SAP BI Business Objects RESTful Web Services
- Interactively execute RESTful Web Services: Soap UI or Restlet (Chrome browser extension is available for free download)
- SDK Programs: Java JRE 7 or later should be installed on Windows PC
- SDK Programs: Security access to create new tables in MS SQL Server database (DBA could assist)
- BOBJ Client Tools should be installed to run Universe SDK program (not required for RESTful SDK program)
- SDK Programs: SQL knowledge to design and develop queries
SAP BI BO RESTful Web Services and Universe SDK will help answer many questions and some of those questions are:
What reports could be impacted if a table has been deleted or a table column has been modified?
How many reports are dependent on a specific Excel file as a data source?
How many reports have been updated in the past, say, 4 weeks?
What reports have never been updated since they were initially created?
What reports are available in different folders with the same title?
Download the SDK programs attached to this course and configure them with your local SAP BO and SQL Server environment details to extract list of BO documents, data sources (Universes, Bex Queries, Excel) and BO connections. No source code changes are required to execute the SDK programs. Run queries on SQL Server tables to export relevant data.
Who this course is for:
- SAP BOBJ developers/consultants
- SAP BW functional/technical developers
- SAP Basis
- 01:08Technical Requirements
I'm Suresh. I love to solve problems with an inclination towards Albert Einstein's quote, "Imagination is more important than knowledge".
After working in IT industry on a wide variety of technologies, I have realized many friends and co-workers have tapped my shoulder to assist them or just brainstorm ideas. This is an attempt to formally share my knowledge and experience.
I'm passionate about technology because it improves how we connect with people, not just connect some electronic devices!