SAP ABAP Training - in Plain English
What you'll learn
- Write ABAP Programs
- Interpret existing ABAP programs
- Be conversant with most major programming constructs and paradigms, specifically Enterprise Application programming
- None at all
** Disclaimer ** -
- I do NOT do Live Training. SAP is a registered trademark of SAP AG in Germany and many other countries. I am NOT associated with SAP.
- SAP software and SAP GUI are proprietary SAP software. Neither Udemy nor me are authorized to provide SAP Access. You can officially get SAP Access to practice on SAP system from SAP's website. I am not allowed by Udemy to place a link here. Please google "SAP Access" and you can find the URL for the same
** End of Disclaimer **
What is this course all about ?
Welcome to SAP ABAP programming for absolute beginners. ABAP is the programming language of SAP - the most popular ERP. In the world of SAP consulting, there are 3 types of consultants.
- Functional Consultants ( SD, MM, FI etc )
- Technical Consultants ( ABAP, WebDynpro, Workflow, Fiori etc )
- Basis & security consultants ( Basis Admin, GRC etc )
This course lays the foundation for anybody ( irrespective of programming background ) to be a technical consultant.
I don't know Programming / Coding Scares me
Programming is all about "logical" thinking. If you are a logical thinker ( which is a silly question, isn't it ? ) you can be a programmer. You need to be patient though. You don't need degrees or anything special background to learn this course. If there is one requirement, that is Patience. If you are impatient, I do not suggest you take this course - or for that matter any programming course.
Not just me. I know many who are not comfortable with programming
The worry is real. I understand. Programming is like learning a new language. How long does it take for you to learn Spanish or French ? Many months if not years. And the more you speak, the more you learn. Same thing applies for programming. The more you program, the more you feel at home with ABAP.
How does this course make programming easy ?
Staying true to the title of the course - 'in Plain English' is the USP of this course. I left the first 3 hours of the course open for preview. Please go through it before you buy this course. Beginners to programming require a flat learning curve to make them feel comfortable - that is precisely what this course intends to achieve.
What this course is not ?
This is neither the most comprehensive, nor the most elaborate course in ABAP. Although folks with programming knowledge can greatly benefit from this course, this course is NOT designed for them. This course is tailor made for folks with no programming experience.
Also, not everybody needs to know ABAP. For example, functional consultants or system administrators need not learn ABAP. Unless you plan to become techno-functional, you need not take this course if you are a functional consultant.
How to make the best of this course ?
For those with no programming experience, I suggest you do the following.
- Try to complete every exercise on your own.
- Don't just listen - Practice. Get access to an IDES system.
- Post your questions in the forum.
- Review what you learnt with the attached notes.
For those having some programming experience, this course can be pretty slow. Here are some tips to make this go a bit faster.
- You can skip the exercises.
- Based on the title, feel free to skip certain parts.
- Use the attached notes for quick reference.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn SAP ABAP language
- If you have some kind of programming background, this course will be much easier ( but a bit boring because everything is taught from scratch )
I am an SAP SD/MM functional consultant with roughly 12 years of experience in SAP. Teaching has been my passion since a long time and I have been teaching SAP since 2009. I have worked on countless projects in SAP in the US and the rest of the world. I have worked with major companies in the US like Apple, Wal-mart, Adidas, Adobe, Johnson & Johnson etc.
All along, I have worked with numerous SAP consultants with skills that range from absolute rookie to SAP platinum consultants. And the one thing that I found lacking in many beginner level consultants is a lack of proper training. They were just 1 step away from being a good quality SAP consultant. This gap can be easily be filled with high quality training.
SAP, just like any other packaged software can best be learned by example. This has been the focus of all my trainings - Examples and correlating them to real-time scenarios. Once you learn how to co-relate a particular piece of configuration with a real time example, you can become as good as an experienced consultant.