SAP Debugging for Functional Consultants
- Just a dash of curiosity
** Disclaimer ** -
- I do NOT do Live Training. SAP is a registered trademark of SAP AG in Germany and many other countries. I am NOT associated with SAP.
- SAP software and SAP GUI are proprietary SAP software. Neither Udemy nor me are authorized to provide SAP Access. You can officially get SAP Access to practice on SAP system from SAP's website. I am not allowed by Udemy to place a link here. Please google "SAP Access" and you can find the URL for the same.
Debugging for SAP functional consultants is typically a gray area. The moment SAP's expected functionality does not work 'as expected' the only panic button SAP functional consultants use is SPRO. But soon we hit a wall. There are only so many options that SPRO offers - there is so much more in ABAP customization that changes the way standard SAP functions.
Welcome to ABAP debugging - With a good knowledge of debugging, you don't need to rush to your ABAP consultant at every glitch. This course gives you the knowledge and mindset required to debug ABAP based customization - like user exits, BadIs, Z Programs and reports. While these come naturally to ABAP consultants, its takes a bit of guidance for us functional consultants to understand and use debugging to solve those hard to find bugs that are caused due to ABAP based customization. This course does just that - guide an SAP functional consultant to be able to debug ABAP programs themselves.
- Any SAP Functional Consultant
- Any SAP consultant who wants to understand how to debug simple ABAP Programs
- What is Debugging ?09:10
- Quiz3 questions
- Standard Code vs Custom Programs09:17
- Flow of Execution14:01
- SELECT Statements11:51
- Debug Replace14:08
- Loops and Watch points12:16
- Quiz2 questions
I am an SAP SD/MM functional consultant with roughly 12 years of experience in SAP. Teaching has been my passion since a long time and I have been teaching SAP since 2009. I have worked on countless projects in SAP in the US and the rest of the world. I have worked with major companies in the US like Apple, Wal-mart, Adidas, Adobe, Johnson & Johnson etc.
All along, I have worked with numerous SAP consultants with skills that range from absolute rookie to SAP platinum consultants. And the one thing that I found lacking in many beginner level consultants is a lack of proper training. They were just 1 step away from being a good quality SAP consultant. This gap can be easily be filled with high quality training.
SAP, just like any other packaged software can best be learned by example. This has been the focus of all my trainings - Examples and correlating them to real-time scenarios. Once you learn how to co-relate a particular piece of configuration with a real time example, you can become as good as an experienced consultant.