SAP ABAP Core Data Services ( CDS Views ) for S/4 HANA
What you'll learn
- Introduction to ABAP Core Data Services
- CDS Views Access Control
- Data modelling in CDS views
- Create UI5 App using Fiori Elements
- Creating OData service from CDS views
- CDS Views Annotations
- ABAP Managed Database Procedure (AMDP)
- CDS Development Environment
- Creating OData from CDS using @Odata publish Annotation
- Virtual Data Model ( VDM )
- CDS Associations and Cardinality
- CDS Joins
- CDS Inbuilt Functions
- CDS View Extensions
- You should already have a basic understanding of ABAP programming
The new ABAP programming model is based on CDS views for data modelling and access.
CDS views are the next generation Database views and go beyond the limited capability of Database views. CDS views leverage the features of SAP HANA database and helps to push the code from the Application layer to the DB layer.
It forms the basis of the ABAP platform’s modern programming model.
SAP S/4HANA, the next generation business suite, is also based on CDS in the form of the virtual data model (VDM).
This course covers CDS views in depth and will equip the course participants with necessary knowledge required to use CDS view in their projects.
The course is divided into following sections:
Installation of ABAP Development Toolset (ADT)
Modelling your first CDS View
CDS Data Modelling concepts - Part1
Annotations in CDS View
CDS Joins and Associations
CDS Data Modelling concepts - Part 2
Virtual Data model
Creation of Smart Template based UI5 app using CDS View Annotations (Fiori Elements app)
CDS View Extensions
The Course is structured into Theory and Demos.
Each section of the course also comes with Assignments. This will be very helpful for you when you start creating CDS views for your projects.
Who is this course for?
· All ABAP Developers/Consultants/Architects who code in ABAP and want to learn how develop applications in S/4HANA.
· This course is recommended for all SAP Consultants or Architects who work in ABAP.
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
· Some experience in basic SAP ABAP
Who this course is for:
· ABAP Developers, Development Architects, Team Leads, Solution Architects
Who this course is for:
- All ABAP Consultants who want to learn Core Data Services
Anshuman Singh has been working in SAP technologies since 2002. He started as an ABAP programmer and now works as a Development Architect for new SAP Applications built on S/4Hana.
He has trained multiple corporate batches on SAP technologies.
He has seen Software development cycle as an Offshore Developer and has also performed Client facing roles.
Currently leads S/4 HANA projects for many MNCs.