Sanskrit for Beginners
What you'll learn
- In this course, students will learn how to read, write and pronounce Sanskrit (Devanagari) alphabets.
- Students will learn basic sentence formation in present, past and future tenses
- Students will learn verbs, nouns and adjectives and usage of masculine, feminine and neutral genders in sentence formation
- Attempt quizzes at the end of each section to sharpen your knowledge.
- No prerequisites needed
Always wanted to learn Sanskrit, but never got around to doing it? This is the perfect place to start!
This course is perfectly suited to beginners. It teaches how to read, write and pronounce the Sanskrit (Devanagari) alphabets. The course then goes on to teach basic words. In a step-by-step way, the course then teaches basic Sanskrit grammar and sentence formation. The course is taught in a very simple and engaging way and both adults as well as kids can benefit from the course.
Various resources from books authored by Sweta are available for free, for download and practise throughout this course.
The quizzes at the end of each chapter and periodic assignments will help to sharpen students’ knowledge.
You can ask the instructor any questions you may have with the course content. Whether it is a Sanskrit exam that you are studying for, or whether you want to learn Sanskrit as a hobby, start with this course and you can then move on to advanced levels. It is a benefit if you know Devanagari letters, but if not, the course teaches you how to read and write Devanagari letters.
At the end of this course, students will be able to form sentences, using nouns, pronouns, verbs and adjectives.
Who this course is for:
- Enthusiastic students who want to learn how to read, write and talk in Sanskrit.
Sweta has been teaching Sanskrit for more than 5 years to kids. Sweta has authored Sanskrit books - "संस्कृत वर्णमाला" and "क्रीडाङ्गणे संङ्गणना" , with translations in 3 different languages. Sweta is passionate about learning and teaching Sanskrit. Sweta holds a Chemical Engineering degree from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and is an IT professional. The passion for Sanskrit has led her to develop the 2 courses - Sanskrit for Beginners and Sanskrit for Beginners - Part 2.