Addiction & Mental Health - Chemically Speaking Two (2hrs)
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 19 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Develop the skills to deliver brief and early interventions to people struggling with substance abuse and mental health issues. This is part of our wider Community Development Response to ICE & Other Drugs. CONTENTS 1. Substance Abuse & Mental Health (Dual Diagnosis) 2. Integrative Holistic Model 3. Needs & Underlying Issues 4. Grief Cycle & Anger 5. Drink & Drug Driving 6. Cycle of Addiction • Alcohol • Tobacco • Cannabis • Stimulants (Speed, Ice, Ecstasy, Cocaine) 7. Optimal Health 8. Stages of Change 9. Costs vs Benefits 10. Tripod of Support. Participants will then have the confidence to help a drug user weigh up the costs vs the benefits of their drug use and help them to move forward & stay safe. This course will also help people to run family support groups and prepare them for the 2 day advanced dual diagnosis training that will be available towards the end of 2017.
- Understand Substance Abuse & Mental Health (Dual Diagnosis)
- Understand Integrative Holistic Model
- Understand Needs & Underlying Issues that drive addictions
- Understand Grief Cycle & Anger
- Understand Drink & Drug Driving
- Understand Cycle of Addiction
- Understand harm associated with Alcohol, Tobacco, Cannabis & Stimulants (Speed, Ice, Ecstasy, Cocaine)
- Understand Optimal Health
- Understand Stages of Change
- Understand Costs vs Benefits – doing a brief intervention
- Understand Tripod of Support for the drug user to help them move forward & stay safe.
- Only requirements is computer with sound
Hi, thank you for your interest in our 2 hour S.A.M.H.I. Chemically Speaking Two (Brief Intervention) training program.
This program is an introduction and an ideal platform for the comprehensive Dual Diagnosis 2 day (12 hour) advanced S.A.M.H.I. (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Intervention) Training designed for front line workers that was released during 2018.
This program will help you develop the skills to deliver brief and early interventions to people struggling with substance abuse and mental health issues. This is part of our wider Community Development Response to ICE & Other Drugs.
Chemically Speaking Two is the 2017 upgrade to the original Chemically Speaking produced in 1999 and now provides training in:
1.Substance Abuse & Mental Health (Dual Diagnosis)
2.Integrative Holistic Model
3.Needs & Underlying Issues that drive addictions
4.Grief Cycle & Anger
5.Drink & Drug Driving
6.Cycle of Addiction
Stimulants (Speed, Ice, Ecstacy, Cocaine)
8.Stages of Change
9.Costs vs Benefits – doing a brief intervention.
10.Tripod of Support for the drug user to help them move forward & stay safe.
Look forward to hearing from you...:)
- Anyone who wants to learn how to deliver a brief intervention with loved ones using alcohol, ICE & other drugs
This Chemically Speaking Two introduction provides an overview of the brief intervention program that will help you deliver brief and early interventions with people struggling with substance abuse and mental health issues.
This PDF copy of the PowerPoint of the SAMHI Chemically Speaking Two video will help participants to understand the key learning issues in each of the 10 parts of this 2 hour video.
This worksheet of the SAMHI Chemically Speaking Two video will help participants to understand the key learning issues in each of the 10 parts of this 2 hour video.
Part 2 will help you understand how the 4 areas of the human being interact with each other and create a compunding effect
Part 6 will help you understand how people progress through their substance use from experimentation to full blown addiction when the reward system of the brain, (particulalry the dopamine system), gets hyjacked by the chemicals we use.
The cycle of addiction will highlight how the 7 key areas of our lives; (health, legal, financial, relational, vocational, spiritual & coping mechanisms), are compromised by the chemicals we use.
Part 7 will help you understand the principles of orthomolecular science and functional medicine, called 'optimal health' that will help a person recover from subtance abuse. It will also help people to raise the standards from the minimum self care, to optimal health, to achieve greater functioning of the body and mind. The aim is achieve better outcomes for the people we want to help.
Parts 8, 9 & 10 will help you understand how people move forward through stages and how we can help them progress by helping them to weigh up the costs vs the benefits of theirsubstance use.
It will also help you to understand the importance of setting up the tripod of support to keep people safe while they are walking the road of recovery.
Finally, it will encourage you to be one of the legs of the tripod as a buddy/sponsor to walk with people in this journey.