Saltwater Aquarium 101: How to set up a saltwater aquarium
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create a thriving saltwater aquarium
- Select the best fish and corals
- Choose the right equipment
- Avoid making some of the most common mistakes
- Save time and money setting up their ideal saltwater aquarium
- Have greater success keeping saltwater fish and corals
- There are no required actions before starting this course, although some prior experience with keeping freshwater fish may be helpful
Welcome to Saltwater Aquarium 101
Saltwater Aquarium 101 is a great introduction to the concepts and strategies for starting a saltwater aquarium and is intended for:
- Anyone who has not previously set up a saltwater aquarium, or
- Anyone who has had some challenges with their saltwater aquarium in the past, or
- If you have had success with keeping a freshwater aquarium and you want to know what it takes to convert to saltwater
Who is this not for? This course is not the best option if you are looking to learn the most advanced concepts in reef keeping.
Saltwater Aquarium 101 is a combination of video lectures and downloadable workbook assignments developed to help you apply what you learn and build the habits that will help you achieve success with your tank.
Get your hands wet and get started right away!
- This Saltwater Aquarium 101 course is intended to be an introduction to the concepts of starting a saltwater aquarium for those who have not previously set up a saltwater aquarium or who have had some challenges with their saltwater aquarium in the past.
- This course is a great option if you have had success with keeping a freshwater aquarium and you want to know what it takes to convert to saltwater
- This course is probably not the best option if you are looking to learn more advanced concepts in reef keeping
You don't have to have it all figured out, in the beginning, but having some understanding about which saltwater aquarium animals (corals, fish, crabs, shrimp, clams, etc.) you are interested in keeping does have an impact on the type of equipment you will need. This lecture will help you continue the process of refining your selections, on the way to building a successful reef aquarium.
Keeping your saltwater aquarium water within the proper range for the most important water parameters is one of the most important aspects of the hobby. In this lecture, you will learn what the 9 most important water parameters are and what range you should strive for.
Once you have finished watching the lecture, download the testing worksheet from the Reef Journal to help keep track of the water parameters in your tank.
When you interact with friends online, you tend to hear the good news--but what about the bad news? This section will give you a head start on some of the most common problems to help you avoid falling into one of the pitfalls that are common when starting up a new saltwater aquarium.