Salsa Body Movement: Posture, Isolations, Techniques - Vol 1
What you'll learn
- Every minor & major technique of Salsa Body Movements in humongous details
- Various Simple & Compound MUST Body Isolations for Salsa
- Proper Salsa Body Posture & Correct Chest / Ribcage, Shoulders & Hips movements in Salsa
- Relationship between Chest / Ribcage, Shoulder & Hips movements with respect to Salsa Timing & Directions
- A lot of practice exercises to choose from - On Slow Counts, Faster counts, Music, etc
- You should know just the 2 Basic Steps of Salsa which are "Forward & Backward Basic" and "Side to Side Basic".
- An "I CAN and I WILL" attitude as well as enthusiasm & knack for learning & studying the proper & correct details of Salsa Dancing Posture, Isolations, Body Movements
- Time (and a commitment) to practice: Learn to dance require time and dedication. Human body needs time to adapt to new movements (muscle memory) so it is important to practice until you are able to perform the step and move to the next one.
- Learning anything should be fun and should not be a pressure or nightmare. So take your own time and practice as much as you need between each video, but more important, enjoy all the process. Feel the magic of the movement and music and keep a positive attitude towards what you can achieve. We don't know about life but this course will surely change your Salsa & will take it to next higher level !!
Wait No More and Start Learning PROPER SALSA BODY MOVEMENT Today!
Did you always wish to learn SALSA BODY MOVEMENT the right way, or to improve your Salsa Body Posture & Isolation techniques? Did you always want to make your Shines, Turn patterns, Partner Work look much more smoother, richer, fluid, graceful, attractive & inspiring to people who are looking at you while you dance in Salsa Socials or in stage performances?
Do you feel you have been dancing Salsa for a while, have been taking lessons, doing shines and partner-work classes, attending workshops & Latin Dance festival but still you feel that there is something missing and your dancing is not as smooth, technically correct or attractive as much as you want it to be? Then Perhaps, Salsa Body movement is one thing that you might be lacking in your skillset !! Why not explore it with us, in this course?
Anuj Sukhija started dancing & teaching Salsa professionally in 2009 & has developed a teaching methodology which is well structured, disciplined and easy to understand and thus can make anyone learn dance in a short span of time.
In this Salsa Body Movement course, specially made for Udemy, you will learn everything you need to make your Shines, Turn patterns, Partner Work look much more smoother, richer, fluid, graceful, attractive & inspiring to people looking at your dancing. As soon as you start, you will stop no more!
Sign Up Today and take anything and everything you so in Salsa to next level sooner than soon !! :)
Best Practices to extract the maximum out of this course:
Do not skip lessons or jump videos. Learn in the order in which various Sections & lessons appear in this course.
Practise, Practise, Practise !! Whatever you learn from a video, Practice it well before going to the next video. Practice it well and if needed watch the video again and again.
We have listed a lot of practice exercises - Slow Counts, Faster Counts, Count Music, Song Practice. Refer to all these again and again till the content of the lesson you learnt enters your muscle memory.
Have a lot of fun learning from this course & implementing your learning into your dancing ! Remember why you started learning Salsa :)
Who this course is for:
- Any Level of Salsa Dancers (Beginners/Intermediate/Advanced) who have the desire to take their Salsa Shines, Partner-work, anything and everything you do in Salsa to look much more smoother, richer, fluid, graceful, technically correct, attractive & inspiring to people looking at your dancing.
- Salsa Dancers who are interested in learning & studying the Salsa Dancing Posture, Isolations, Body Movements in proper & correct details
Anuj Sukhija (A.k.a. Salsa Monk), based in Pune, India - is one of India’s upcoming Salsa & Afro Cuban Performer & Instructor. After completing his Graduation Degree in Electronics & Communication, He came to Pune in 2006 to join a job of a Software Developer at Amdocs (a well established MNC). It was along with this job that he started learning Salsa in 2006 itself and immediately fell in love with the dance for.
In 2009, he started teaching Salsa part time along with the IT Job when he, along with his dance partner Komal Degwekar, founded a Dance School with the name Heels Dance Academy.
With great beginnings & solid foundations and Driven by the sheer love for Afro-Cuban & Salsa Dancing, Anuj trained with many National & International artists and teachers and kept growing by enhancing his knowledge and working & honing his skill set and technicalities with every passing year. He travels around the world in salsa festivals and takes countless workshops and trainings with a lot of national & international artists, dancers & teachers, such as Fernando Sosa, Tatiana Bonaguro, George Tsi, Elena Nafplioti, Pablito Stellato, Adolfo Indacochea, Eddie Torres, Michael Fonts, Johnny Vasquez, Tania Canarsa, Magna Gopal, Katia Verreault, Oliver Pineda, Fadi Fusion, Alien Ramirez, and more.
Later on after working as a software developer for 8 years, Anuj quit his IT job in 2014 to pursue Dance training, teaching & performing career full time. Along with Salsa, Anuj is also trained in Afro Orishas, Cuban Rumba, Rueda De Casino, Ballroom Rumba, ChaChaCha, Merengue, Pachanga, Jive & Kizomba but his first love has always been Afro Cuban & Salsa.
He has taught hundreds of students since 2009 developing a teaching methodology which is well structured, disciplined and easy to understand and thus can make anyone learn dance in a short span of time.
Dance is a form of expression, it's a way of life. Teaching others what he learnt through years, fulfils him as a dancer and person also. Apart from Dancing, Anuj loves to read, create short films, Deejaying, playing guitar and drums.