Salesforce Integration with Heroku
What you'll learn
- Students will be able to install, deploy applications on Heroku
- Students will be able to integrate applications running on Heroku with applications running on Force.com platform
- Students will gain knowledge on Salesforce Connect, Heroku connect, WebServices callouts
- Students will learn about External objects
- Students will learn about creating relationships between Standard objects and External objects
- Students must know about the basics of Force.com platform
- Students must be aware of the out-of-the-box features of Salesforce like custom object,standard objects, Relationship etc.
- Must have a basic knowledge of Apex or any other programming language.
- Students must be aware of basic Git commands
In this course, we will learn about different integration methods available to connect applications running on Force platform with external systems such as Heroku Connect, Salesforce Connect and WebService Callouts.
In this course we will learn about Data Replication and Data proxy. This course is divided into three main sections in which we cover Heroku Connect, Salesforce Connect and WebService callouts in detail.
We will start with creating an account on Heroku and then we will deploy an external PhoneChange application and we will integrate with Salesforce application using Heroku Connect. We will also provision Postgres database for our app. We will see how to provision the app for local development.
In the second section, we will explore Salesforce Connect. We will start with installing warehouse application on force platform and then we will integration with external system using Salesforce Connect. In Salesforce connect, we map external objects to the tables in the external system. We will cover external objects, different types of relationship that you create with external and standard objects.
In the third section, we will talk about web service callouts. We will create Rest Webservice to call the external system and update the records on the salesforce object.
All these topics are not covered in any other Salesforce course out there. This course is complete hands on and you will working along with me throughout this course.
Who this course is for:
- Students who are interested to learn about different methods to integrate Salesforce application with applications running on Heroku platform.
- Students who are intersted to learn about Salesforce connect, Heroku connect and Web Service callouts
- Students who are facing challenges integrating applications running on Heroku platform
I am a Java/J2EE and salesforce developer, have been writing and working with software for the past 5 years. I currently live in Dallas/TX.
If your goal is to become one of these:
Then checkout my courses. I have close to 10000 students in and out of udemy. My passion is helping people around the world and guide them into the world of programming.
I am Oracle certified JAVA ,J2EE developer. I love coffee, music, exercise,coding and technology. See you in my course:)