Sales Representative - From Beginner to Advanced
What you'll learn
- The basics of being a highly successful sales representative
- Advanced skills for successful sales representatives
- Strategic and advanced sales techniques
- Expanding on existing ranges within your existing customer base
- Route planning, Visit frequencies, Planning, Floor walks and quotations
- Selling in new ranges, brands and categories to your customer
- How to manage your field sales teams (merchandisers)
- How to prioritize your customer visits
- How to turn product knowledge into sales
- How to identify opportunities in stores and how to turn opportunities into sales
- How to handle objections
- No experience is needed - but retail sales exposure is an advantage.
This course is specifically designed for aspiring sales representatives, new sales representatives, and experienced sales representatives that are calling on outlets. These outlets include retailers and wholesalers in the fast-moving consumer goods and hardware industry. Even if you have no prior sales representative experience, by the time you are done with this course you will be able to go out and consistently grow your sales. You will learn about Time management, Discipline, Consistency, Systems & procedures, KVI Lines, Prioritizing Top Customers, Relationships, Product knowledge, Brand introduction, Equipment, Visit Frequencies, Planning, Appointments, Route Planning, Store visits, Customer training, Presenting, S.M.A.R.T Goals, Expanding ranges, Proposals & quotations, Entering a new category, Samples & demos, Handling objections, Managing field sales teams, Credits & Returns, Quarterly evaluation, Strategic negotiations, The human element of negotiating. And plenty of bonus material to help you in your career. Bonus material includes topics such as pointers on a good CV, questions to ask in an interview, and how to change careers in external sales. I have traveled nationally and internationally to train sales reps and merchandisers on how to grow their sales where I have presented this same course. If you are not sure if you would like to become a sales representative then this course will help you decide because it will give you a very clear understanding of what exactly is expected from a good performing sales representative.
Who this course is for:
- People who are interested in becoming sales representatives that call on retail and wholesale outlets
- People who are working in retail but they are interested in working for suppliers that supply retail and wholesale outlets
- People who own or manage supplier companies and would like an excellent course for their external sales team
- Retail and wholesale sales representatives who would like to improve their skills
- People who are wondering what it is like to be a sales representative - this course will help them decide on this career path
I am a regional sales manager and national key account manager for one of the largest fasteners and hardware suppliers in Africa. I currently manage 5 sales reps and 5 merchandisers in my region. I also manage 3 National accounts – of which 2 are the company’s biggest accounts. I have traveled nationally and internationally to train sales reps and merchandisers on how to grow their sales. In the hardware industry, I have helped to launch and grow various brands that are now successful and consistently growing. I am currently studying brand development and management at Curtin University Australia. I was an area sales manager for one of the largest FMCG suppliers in Africa for 4 years before I got into hardware. As an ASM in the FMCG industry, I managed 46 field staff which includes merchandisers, field marketers, and hit team leaders. I was responsible for calling on over 140 outlets. I have also been involved in the growth and development of brands and new products in the industry. My passion is people. I enjoy training people in external sales, brand development, and giving career advice to young people who cannot afford to go study.