“What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”, a statement we live by and experience daily when operating in countries with great potential but in constant turmoil, such as Lebanon – Middle East.
Our rough market, has taught us to constantly adapt to different circumstances, it ultimately made us develop unconventional sales and negotiation techniques that were essential for us to sustain and succeed. With 25 years of experience in the Lebanese market, today we decided to share what we have learned.
My name is Gergi El Murr, I started working at a young age, while studying law which I never practiced, to pursue a career in operation management. My experience was developed from working in Lebanon’s tough conditions market which have educated me a lot. I may have failed many times but have learned as much.
Our USPs are:
1. Lebanon is home to only 4M inhabitants but 18 official religions, which made us sensitive to client’s psychology.
2. An after-war society with 15M diaspora on the globe, made of our market a starving yet exposed one to the world’s latest trends
3. In Lebanon we speak 3 languages (Arabic, English and French) and deal with two currencies simultaneously (LBP & USD). This fact gave us a multi-cultural exposure.
4. Operating in a small market with a highly aggressive competition showed us how to snatch the simplest detail from a sales & negotiation operation.
5. To top it all, due to unstable eco-political situations and military wars that take place unexpectedly, we became flexible and highly adaptable to change
It’s imperative to know that our courses are not academical and are non-research based, but coming from trial and error. It is also based on years and years of training and monitoring different salespeople, operating in different fields, and reaching different conversation rates.
Comparing those who adopted the traditional sales to those who applied our street-smart training, the difference was noticeable and alarming which led us to create our material for its importance and worth sharing.