Sales Methodologies: Best Practices for Enterprise Selling
What you'll learn
- Differentiate between popular enterprise sales methodologies and clarify the difference between sales methodology and sales process
- Understand the top challenges for enterprise sales organizations today and how a sales methodology can address those challenges
- Outline the evolution of sales methodologies and the context in which they arose
- Review the benefits and challenges of popular sales methodologies like Strategic Selling, SPIN, Solution Selling, Sandler System, MEDDIC, and Challenger Selling
- Discover best practices for using sales methodologies in modern enterprise sales organizations
- Create a customized plan for incorporating sales methodologies into your organization's sales process
- Students should have some exposure to enterprise sales as either salespeople, sales managers, or corporate leadership.
Confused about old and new enterprise sales methodologies? Which is best for your environment? What are the pitfalls in mixing and matching or even developing your own customer sales methodology? This course is about clarifying and differentiating various popular sales methodologies (Strategic Selling, SPIN, Sandler, Solution Selling, MEDDIC, and Challenger) and their applied context within the ideal sales process of today's enterprise sales organizations. Students will learn and appreciate these various program legacies, but also learn how today's best sales organizations are applying custom sales methods and processes for their own unique enterprise sales environments.
Who this course is for:
- New and experienced sales managers, salespeople, and company leaders who seek to master, refresh, and implement enterprise sales methodology best practices.
Michael Griego is the President and Founder of MXL Partners, a Silicon Valley based sales training and consulting firm working with high-growth companies. Michael coaches and trains in sales process and messaging execution, sales playbook development and sales management. He is an author, speaker, world-class sales trainer, management coach and consultant.
Michael has worked with companies of all sizes around the world like Palo Alto Networks and Cisco Systems as well as young high-growth technology companies. His first sales book, 42 Rules to Increase Sales Effectiveness, was published in 2009 (2nd Edition, 2013) by Super Star Press. His most recent book, No Excuses! A Better Way to Sell, was published in 2022. He's also had numerous sales and sales management articles published in Top Sales Magazine, and is a member of the select Sales Experts Channel on which he conducts award-winning sales effectiveness webinars.
Michael brings over 35 years of practical high-technology sales and sales management experience to his clients. Michael has served roles as executive vice president of worldwide sales for Workshare Technology and Active Decisions. He was also vice president of sales and marketing for Zona Research/IntelliQuest, a publicly-traded research and consulting firm. Previously Michael was Dataquest/Gartner Group’s Top Regional Sales Manager for Technology Vendors, and received the worldwide top sales producer for 2 years running. Michael also spent 12 years of extensive and successful computer sales and management experience with IBM Corporation and XL/Datacomp/StorageTek, a national IBM reseller and storage company.
In his role as sales and management expert, he’s also developed sales effectiveness tools and conducted executive sales workshops for K1 Capital, The Riverside Company, and other private equity communities. Additionally, Michael has been a guest lecturer/instructor at colleges and universities including Stanford’s Graduate School of Business. Michael has a BA degree from Occidental College and an MBA from Stanford University. He and his wife, Debbie, have 3 married children and 10 grandchildren.