Sage Online - One Accounts Extra
What you'll learn
- By the end of the course you will be able to complete various common functions using Sage Line 50
- In this course, you will learn how to:
- Enter the opening balances
- Amend the nominal ledger
- Add new customer and supplier details
- Post customer invoices and credit notes to the sales ledger
- Post supplier invoices and credit notes to the purchase ledger
- Enter the supplier cheques and record the customer receipts
- Post Petty Cash transactions
- Prepare the VAT return
- Reconcile the bank
- Post the wages journal
- Post adjustments to the accounts and produce month-end reports
- You will need access to Sage accounts in order to complete the assignment (any version)
Sage Business Cloud Accounting (formally known as Sage 50 Cloud Accounts or even Sage One Accounts Extra) - Online Computerised Accounts
course is about how to use Sage based on the most popular functions which you as a Sage Online operator needs to know how to use, in order to be proficient in using the software.
The learning is structured in a practical way. You are given a practical scenario assignment. There are various tasks to complete. You are given the task to do and have a go at, and then the video answer is available. It is suggested that you:
Read the task
Watch the video
Have a go at it yourself on your own system
Rewatch the video (if necessary) - to reinforce the learning
You'll learn how to set up a Sage Online accounting system from scratch, how to enter opening balances, post customer invoices and credit notes, post supplier bills and credit notes, pay suppliers, petty cash, prepare a VAT return, reconcile the bank, post journals, run reports amongst over things.
This is a useful course if:
You are thinking of working with the software,
You are going for jobs which have a requirement for you to be able to use this software
You want to put this skill on your CV, or
You are a bookkeeper or accountant and will be using this for clients or even
You run your own business and want to know how to use Sage Online for yourself.
You will need to have access to Sage Online. You can sign up to the Sage site to get a free trial. We give you the link in lecture one and show you how to do this. The instructor is usually online to answer student queries for 2 hours each day.
The course materials includes the handout of the assignment task.
Successful completion of the course is the equivalent to being at the level of having a level 2 certificate in computerised accounts.
The course will take about 3-4 hours to complete.
Who this course is for:
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who need to increase their skills set
- Students who are going for jobs where the requirement is working knowledge of Sage Accounts
- Those who have studied accounting, but want practical knowledge of how to use a popular accounting software which will help them find employment
- Previous knowledge of accounting is not presumed or required
Lisa Newton BA MSc AAT has a masters degree in Investment Management and a first class honours degree in Accounting with Marketing. She formed her first company in 2004 with £150 in the same month of graduating from City University, London UK. Lisa has never had a full time 9 to 5 job in her life. She's a serial entrepreneur and author who holds directorships in various industries including telecoms, property management, publishing, hair & beauty as well as finance. She has won various awards in Business including: Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2007, in 2008 Enterprising Business Award, in 2016 BE Mogul Award and has been nominated and shortlisted in numerous others. In 2011 and in 2012 one of her companies won Best Accounting Franchisor Award. In 2015 and 2017 one of her companies won Best Bookkeeping Business London (Accountancy International Awards).
Lisa's books include: How to write a book in two weeks, Constant Cashflow, Make the most of your money, How to start your own bookkeeping business, Cosmic ordering with Vision Boards, How to Franchise Your Business and Quickbooks Online The Handbook. Some of the books are in audio-format on itunes and audible.
Lisa hosts her own show The Authors Podcast which can be found on the iTunes channel.
Lisa supports the charity The MS Society. A speaker, coach, consultant and an avid networker, Lisa enjoys meeting people and working on projects with like-minded individuals.
In her spare time, Lisa likes traveling, dancing salsa, writing books, learning languages, meditation, yoga and cosmic ordering.