SaaS Marketing for Dummies (Strategy, How-to and Metrics)
What you'll learn
- What is SaaS marketing and how it is different from traditional marketing.
- Create a product marketing strategy
- Measure and optimize software marketing efforts
- Figure out the best pricing for SaaS products
- Create a powerful email marketing strategy for SaaS business
- Understand B2B vs B2C product marketing
- Learn customer acquisition and retention strategies
- Understand the customer onboarding process
- No marketing experience needed. We'll cover everything from basics to advanced.
In this course, we will learn the fundamentals of marketing software as a service. I have worked with 20+ SaaS companies, some of which are GrowthPlug, Sopact, Klearstack and many more.
This course informs you about the fundamentals of SaaS marketing in a structured way. I divided this course into multiple sections, each focusing on one key aspect of SaaS Marketing.
Section 1: SaaS Marketing Fundamentals
Understand the difference between SaaS and traditional marketing funnels and how the challenges and strategy differ between B2B and B2C SaaS companies. We'll also understand multiple pricing models with the pros and cons of each so that, you can make an informed decision.
Section 2: Learn about acquisition strategies
In these videos, we'll see some ways to ensure a continuous flow of users for your SaaS product. This is important to ensure that you keep generating recurrent revenue and compensate for customer loss over time.
Section 4: Customer Segmentation
Learn about the parameters you should use for customer segmentation and what an ideal buyer persona looks like. We have included external resources as well to help with customer segmentation for your business.
Section 5: Email Marketing Strategies
Email marketing is critical to the success of any SaaS business. You’ll need it at every stage of your funnel. That’s why we will dedicate a few videos to help you fine-tune your email marketing. We'll also learn quick call-to-action hacks and strategies to re-engage users who lost touch with your brand.
Section 6: Product Onboarding Strategies
40 – 60% of users who registered for a free trial barely used the product. Such users may never convert into paying customers if we don’t practice appropriate customer onboarding strategies in SaaS businesses. Hence, we'll have dedicated sessions to improve user onboarding.
Section 7: SaaS Marketing Metrics
SaaS marketing metrics play an important role in your success. You need metrics to verify if your strategies are working or not. We'll learn both basic and advanced SaaS metrics to help you track your progress and make insightful decisions. In this section, we also develop an understanding of unit economics in SaaS business and what makes a product-based business profitable.
Section 8: Customer Retention 101
32% of the people will shift to an alternate product just after one negative experience, despite previously excellent customer service. Hence, is it important that we see how to keep users for your software.
Section 9: Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is critical for SaaS marketing success. Learn the best practices for choosing an affiliate partner, the metrics to track, and the mistakes to avoid.
By the end of this course, you will have enough understanding of product marketing that you can create your own marketing strategy, understand the challenges and effectiveness of your marketing team and gear your product to success.
Who this course is for:
- Product Managers
- Digital Marketers
- Marketing Managers
- Marketing Directors
- Social Media Marketers
- B2B Marketers
I started as a blogger and found my love for marketing. Now I have over 4+ years of experience with hands-on expertise in Google Adwords, Facebook Advertising, SEM, SMM, Inbound, and content marketing. I am also certified in Marketo, HubSpot, Google Analytics, Content Marketing, and Adwords.
• Grew website visitors from 2500 to over 100,000 in just 1 year, with a landing page conversion rate of 15% to 18% for NewGenApps.
• Managed SEM for SaaS businesses with a budget monthly between 1K-5K USD.
• Managed advertising budgets of over $400,000 per month for online education businesses and growth startups.
• Worked effectively on content marketing & SEO of a range of SaaS business - Sopact, Digiby, BytEdge, CoreHealth Global, KlearStack, HumanCloud - to name a few.
• Managed a team of over 15 people from media buyers, creatives to reporting to deliver full-fledged campaigns for Fortune 500 companies at Knorex.
From starting my own blog to managing accounts in an advertising company I have worked in this field in all directions.