- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Gain Functional Programming knowledge and skills
- Would be able to start developing their own application in Rust.
- The course starts from very basics and no prior programming knowledge is required.
Rust is the programming language of the future.
Rust is a systems programming language focused on three goals: safety, speed, and concurrency. It maintains these goals without having a garbage collector, making it a useful language for a number of use cases other languages aren’t good at: embedding in other languages, programs with specific space and time requirements, and writing low-level code, like device drivers and operating systems.
Rust attempts to give you a language with 100% control, yet be absolutely safe. It does this through extensive compile-time checking, so you pay little (and often no!) cost at run time for its safety features. Rust has some strong advantages in the concurrency department due to its ownership model. For example, sharing mutable state across a concurrency boundary without a mutex is a compile-time error in Rust. This is super huge on the correctness side.
It improves on current languages targeting this space by having a number of compile-time safety checks that produce no run time overhead, while eliminating all data races. Rust also aims to achieve ‘zero-cost abstractions’ even though some of these abstractions feel like those of a high-level language. Even then, Rust still allows precise control like a low-level language would.
Rust has lot of great features that will blow your mind away.
- It is a perfectly designed language.
- While learning Rust you will certainly learn best coding practices and will deal with well-written code.
- Here concepts are easily expressed due to algebraic data types.
- It puts strong focus on speed, safety and concurrency.
- It removes a lot of unnecessary garbage for example fussy syntax.
- It adds a straightforward object model, adds modern tooling, and has some brilliant ideas like ownership.
- The compiler safety guarantees and zero-cost abstractions mean that it’s often like writing a high-level language (for safety) or a more mid-level language (for ease of use) while getting all the capabilities of a lower-level language like C (performance, low-level access).
This course explains everything Step by Step Hands On.
- This course is ideal if you want to grow your functional programming skills
- This course is ideal if you want to take your first steps with Systems Programming.
- This course is for anyone looking to learn Rust Language developed by Mozilla..