Running A Dojo
- 9 hours on-demand video
- 6 hours on-demand audio
- 2 articles
- 18 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You Absolutley can run a traditional dojo without selling out.
- You will acquire some of the best fundamental business systems adapted and used by successful traditional martial art school owners.
- You will learn enrollment, marketing, communication & retention systems specific for a traditional Dojo
- You will learn how to how to correctly use conventional & alternative profit centers
- You're going to learn how to correctly use culture & tradition to grow your Dojo
- You'll learn tuition, curriculum, class-time management strategies.
- You're going to learn how to set up your ultimate Dojo and maximize your space appropriately.
- Access to a TON of FREE bonus gifts, mauals, templates and other stuff you'll disvoer in the course.
- No egos allowed and no self appointed masters. We are all students.
In Running a Dojo, you will be provided with:
- First steps and Core Concepts: You're only as strong as your basics. In these instructional videos you will discover what sets the traditional martial art school business model from the modern model. This is mind blowing stuff that will change your paradigm! Get ready to build your Dojo without feeling as though you must sell out your integrity to pay the bills.
- Crucial Documents: These are the 'absolute must have' files for administrative functions of a strong Dojo. As well, every document download has a training video to help you understand how to build and maximize systems into your Dojo program.
- Running A Dojo Radio Archives: Download and listen to hours of training on building your traditional martial arts program. The topics are always new and updated weekly in crystal clear audio.
- The Keeping it Real Sessions: 16 video modules taken from Adam Mitchell's 2010 program Keeping it Real. Hours of video training that will help you build a framework you'll be proud of for your Dojo and your students.
The Running A Dojo course will take roughly 3 months to complete, but new content will be added regularly in tandem with Adam Mitchell's Running A Dojo podcast and blog. As well, Adam Mitchell will be available to engage in topic discussions and brainstorming for your own initiatives and host a monthly live workshop for all members each month.
OK, I sure didn’t do this to get on any VIP list at the next martial arts trade show in Las Vegas. Infact, this program is going to upset a few people. After spending 14 years listening to business gurus, spending over $250,000 on consulting programs and high-dollar seminars where I rubbed elbows with the most successful school owners in the world, I’m convinced .. The great majority of these self-titled martial arts business gurus don’t know the first thing about running a real Dojo. Period. To serve those trying to do it right, I created Running A Dojo to blow-the-lid off the nonsense the martial arts industry is feeding well intended Instructors hoping to offer the best resources for their students.
I'm going to show you exactly how I created a successful Dojo with hundreds of students from all over the world by simply studying my martial arts more intently and keeping it real!
“Adam is one of the most forward-thinking people in the martial arts industry. I’ve seen with my own eyes as top-billed, big-name advisers in the biz were influenced by Adam’s actions. While I believe he would do the same in any business environment, I’m thrilled that he’s been so helpful to me personally, and to the industry in which I work. I always enjoy hearing his thoughts about what will happen next … and if you hear those ideas, pay attention.” Mr. Peter Steeves, International Training Director of the Guardian Angels, and Martial Arts School Owner. Los Angeles.
If you’re not totally satisfied with everything I’ve created, I’m going to refund your investment 100% AND you can keep all of the files I’ve provided. That’s a promise. There is absolutely no risk at all.
I truly look forward to working with you and helping your Dojo meet it’s success.
- This course is designed for anyone running a traditional Dojo of 2 students to 200+
- Martial art enthusiasts who want to one day open their own Dojo and keep it real.
In this video, I am going to break down how I created my nafuda for easy use and tracking of student attendance. As well, I've included a support file for you to edit and use based on your own program. Here's how this file should be used:
- Download the file and open the spread sheet in Excel.
- Follow along with the included video and understand the flow.
- Make your adjustments on the file according to your own student rank progression.
- Save it.
- Print the necessary number of sheets on decal paper, bought at any office supply store.
- Cut and place on the back of nameplates.
You'll notice that the file I include is for White and Yellow Belt and there are 'stripe' levels on the right side of each template in the file. I put these there for an example to use if you have a striping system on your belts for kids or adult classes.
Let me know if you have any questions.
What an episode! While hauling ass through the Bronx, Adam Mitchell introduces listeners to the changing landscape of communication and information and how it will affect you and your Dojo. He presents why you must consider your online reputation to be an absolute priority, one that serves your students, your heritage and your own personal goals.
Toward the end of the episode, Adam introduces some First Steps for traditional martial art training group leaders who want to start a Dojo. The absolute FIRST STEP is to PLAN... Fail to plan, then plan on failing! In this episode he discusses how planning your calendar year can serve your growth, sales and expectation fulfillment of your students and how you are positioned in your community.
This Module will cover one of the 3 “Pillars” of the KIR Program. This Module is meant to reaffirm your goals as a Budo teacher and address issues that we often take for granted. For those who have wandered off into the turf of the Industry Money Machine, this module is meant to re-calibrate your position as a leader of your Dojo.
The second Pillar of the KIR Program is meant to reaffirm your position in your Dojo as well as your place in the Budo you train. This is a must before we go any further. Often times we take this position for granted and it can cost us countless resources and even ruin our Dojo. It is about expectations and fulfillment, and combined will generate strength in your Dojo.
The third pillar of the KIR Program addresses the product we are creating in a Budo Dojo. Mastery is something that we all strive for, it is not something self-proclaimed and this module is meant to give you a clear idea of how to communicate the goals of your Budo to your students. This alone will help you to keep students indefinitely.
The first instructional module will address fundamental areas to the success of your Dojo. Teaching from your “Core” versus your “Shell,” Running a Personality Driven Dojo versus a Curriculum Driven Dojo and finally, defining the “Sell-out.” This Module is packed with details that will help you to change, add or tighten up areas of your Dojo to make it more fulfilled.