Ruby Programming for Beginners
What you'll learn
- How to program in Ruby from scratch
- How to write Ruby files and run them from Command Line
- How to accept user input and process it with Ruby code
- How to use Arrays, Dates, Strings, Integers and more
- Create Objects, Classes and Class Inheritance
- Build text based interactive games in Ruby
- Be willing to learn new skills
- Having experience with another programming language is beneficial (but not required)
- Some experience with Command Line is beneficial (but not required as it's fully explained)
This course is designed to provide the core programming skills required to write simple programs in Ruby.
After completing this course, you will have the fundamental skills required to learn and excel at Ruby on Rails, enabling you to build more complex web applications.
Ruby is an object oriented language that is a great option for anyone wanting to learn to write code.
Ruby was created for developer satisfaction, with the language being very easy to learn and lightweight in comparison to many other verbose languages and frameworks.
Ruby on Rails is trusted by huge companies such as Airbnb, Twitter, Shopify and Github. In this course we will focus on learning how to use the underlying language (Ruby) that was used to build these great web platforms.
One of the most attractive benefits you will discover with Ruby is the ability to create working products FAST! Forget writing verbose boilerplate code to do simple tasks. Ruby has been hugely popular with many startups and a highly sought after skillset in tech hubs like Silicon Valley due to the flexibility Ruby and Ruby on Rails provides to development teams.
Throughout this course we will discuss each step that we are taking and and towards the end of the course we will build 2 projects using Ruby. Source code will be provided (github) at the end of each project.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Ruby developers who are interested in writing Ruby programs
- Beginner Ruby on Rails developers who are looking to gain fundamental Ruby knowledge
- Anyone interested in programming and learning a new programming language
David has more than 10 years of experience in the web development field, operating as a full stack Web Engineer with a focus on building scalable cloud-based solutions. He has worked with numerous multinational agencies in Australia, United Kingdom, Ireland and the United States. He has worked on web applications and website projects for key brands such as Guinness, Carlsberg, Heinz, Tesco, Kia and Toyota.