What you'll learn
- Build applications with dynamic front ends and solid back ends
- Use React JS as front-end to their Ruby on Rails web application and REST APIs
- Use AngularJS as front-end to their Ruby on Rails web application and REST APIs
- Use Vue JS as front-end to their Ruby on Rails web application or as a standalone application
- Learn how to incorporate other front-end technologies with Ruby on Rails back-end
- Use Semantic UI for application layout and styling
- Learn Object Oriented Programming with Ruby
- Learn Ruby on Rails framework for web app development
- Learn Node JS
- Learn How to use MongoDb with Node JS
- Use the MERN stack
- No prior experience with any of the technologies in the course necessary
- Modern browser and internet connection
- Some familiarity with the web and front-end will help but not required
You will also learn the following:
How to build APIs for front end single page applications
Get an in-depth introduction to Ruby and building web applications with Ruby on Rails
How to take existing features and make them more engaging for your users
Starting with a standalone single page application and integrating it into a full stack web application
Communicating between the front end and back end using REST APIs
Different approaches to managing front end libraries in your application
Get real insights into application development from experienced industry professionals
Deploy your apps and back up your code to the cloud
If you find yourself in any of the categories below, this course was built for you:
Front end developers looking to expand their back end knowledge
Back end developers looking to learn front end skills
Anyone who wants to be a well-rounded web app developer and know how to build solutions containing front end and back end apps
Anyone who wants to learn the most popular front-end frameworks - Vue JS, AngularJS and React
Anyone who wants to excite their customers with dynamic and engaging functionality
Anyone who wants to bring their own ideas to life on the web
With engaging video, challenging quizzes, detailed text explanations with directions and all the code shown in the videos, coding exercises and additional resources - this course will give you the skills you have been waiting for.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to build dynamic web applications with engaging user experiences
- Anyone looking to incorporate React, AngularJS or Vue js as front end to their Rails or Node JS applications
- Anyone looking to learn the fastest growing web technologies out there
- Anyone looking to take their Ruby on Rails marketability to the next level
- Master full-stack web development
- Learn Ruby on Rails and build web applications with it
Hi, I'm Mashrur, I'm a full-time programming instructor specializing in programming fundamentals, web application development, machine learning and cyber security. I have been a technology professional for over a decade and have degrees in Computer Science and Economics.
My niche is building comprehensive career focused technology courses for students entering new/complex and challenging fields in today's technology space. This is a nice segway for me, since my real passion is building and tinkering with programming languages. I love everything to do with development and learning about new tools and technologies. My favorite languages are Python and Ruby on Rails, and my favorite tech fields are web app development, machine learning and data-analytics (which is where Ruby on Rails and Python fall into place nicely). I encourage my students to focus on these technologies as well.
In my past (corporate) life, I worked with Enterprise Software Systems with roles played in analysis, development, management and training. I led projects using both agile and waterfall methodologies and thus am well versed in the inner workings of the software development and delivery world.
During my time in corporate America, I realized how much I enjoyed training new hires and new team members and helping them succeed. I dedicated a good amount of time over 7 years on-boarding new analysts and developers and then worked with them to build and maintain systems which put me in a unique position to know and understand what new entrants to a field need in order to succeed. I strongly believe in focusing on fundamentals and practice; and not in shortcuts or gimmicks.
So join me for my comprehensive career-focused technology courses as I guide you through the world of web application development, machine learning and cyber security using Python, Ruby on Rails, MySQL and others and bringing your ideas and passions to life.
I've been a software professional for over 15 years. I've worked with many different technologies at Fortune 100 companies and startups, delivering lots of successful software systems. My favorite topics are web applications, cyber security, cloud architecture, DevOps, and agile development. I love to keep up on what's new in the technology world and sharing my knowledge and skills with others who want to get into or get better at software, architecture, and information technology!