REST API with Ruby on Rails: The Complete Guide
What you'll learn
- Create modern Ruby on Rails API applications with the best practices.
- Create backend for a LinkLog application, similar to RubyFlow.
- Be an expert with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Authenticate users using their logins and encrypted passwords!
- Authorise your applications using Social Media as a leverage to get registered users!
- Integrate application with Github using oAuth!
- Write micro services that you can hook up anything into!
- You will be able to get a job on those professions: Ruby on Rails developer, backend developer!
- Find and Kill any bugs in your Rails applications
- Test application responses in a very convenient way
- Authorise requests and manage access
- Write automatic tests like the best developers do every single day
- Write REAL applications that actually works
- Deploy application so it will be publicly available
- Work with database relationships and manage related objects
- Master CRUD ( create, read, update, destroy ) with REST API
- Serialise responses using the most popular format
- Continue and improve your skills even after the course ends using communication channels and resources!
- You should have basic Ruby on Rails experience
Build an API application that you can use EVERYWHERE and hook up ANYTHING into it!
SUPER productive videos with a total focus on what is important!
CODE SNIPPETS for each coding lesson!
Comprehensive resources and articles!
Learn Test Driven Development like a PRO
Get familiar with best Practices for API development!
In this course, you'll know how to create professional API application in Ruby on Rails with TDD!
You probably heard about a popular trend to create web applications with a split API and frontend parts. Having a pure API application allows you to hook up ANY frontend you will ever wish.
Knowledge about creating pure API applications is necessary for modern microservice architectures for REALLY BIG projects!
What Will You Build?
All of my courses are 'learn-by-doing': I'll create a real-life application and you can follow each step to make similar one for yourself. In this course we'll build one complete API application, that can work as a link-log, similar to RubyFlow project. We'll do all this using Test Driven Development, the way the best developers in the world develop their applications every day.
This mega app will include the full set of features, including everything from authentication to managing comments. You'll learn how to create an app that allows multiple users to log in, publicize articles and list them as a newsfeed. It's my goal to ensure you understand each feature we build into this app so you can apply them to your own personal or professional projects in the future.
I can always help in case of any troubles so if you'll encounter some, just write through one of our communication channels.
Here is what we'll learn:
Create modern Ruby on Rails API applications with the best practices.
Create backend for a LinkLog application, similar to RubyFlow.
Authenticate users using their logins and encrypted passwords!
Authorize your applications using Social Media as leverage to get registered users!
Register new users!
Integrate application with Github using oAuth!
Write microservices that you can hook up anything into!
You will be able to get a job on those professions: Ruby on Rails developer, backend developer!
Find and Kill any bugs in your Rails applications
Test application responses in a very convenient way
Write REAL applications that actually works
Deploy application so it will be publicly available
Work with database relationships and manage related objects
Master CRUD ( create, read, update, destroy ) with REST API
Serialize responses using the most popular format
Professional API topics
Be an expert with TDD (Test Driven Development)
Authorize requests and manage access
Write automatic tests like the best developers do every single day
Advanced API Error Handling!
Continue and improve your skills even after the course ends using our communication channels and external resources!
I've built the course that I would have wanted to take when I was learning to build RESTful API for my applications. A course that explains the concepts and how they're implemented in the best order for you to learn and understand them.
I know your time is expensive, so I prepared really compressed videos, including only what's important!
Feel free to check it out!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for any web developer that want to create modern web applications using API and frontend split apart.
- It's perfect for a junior Ruby developer who want to learn creating modern API applications.
- It's also a choice of intermediate developer that want to be even better.
My name is Sebastian, I’m a full-stack developer and a passionate teacher.
I started a career as a web developer in 2012 looking for booming technologies to get the most interesting job possible. I decided to run my own projects using Ruby on Rails and soon, after improving my skills in smaller projects, I got a job in Creatubbles.
This is a safe, first-ever children-friendly, social, online platform, where I was the youngest full-stack developer for over three years.
I gained valuable experience in distributed systems, microservice architecture and API.
Currently, apart from my part-time job for my best clients, I run the Driggl company on a daily basis creating new educational content and helping my existing students to grow and develop new skills.
Additionally, I am a piano player, a karate master and I love chocolate and good coffee.
My passion for teaching has been developing since childhood and now I’m making this dream real.
If you consider enrolling in my courses, I can promise that I’ll do my best to deliver the most valuable content on the chosen topics.
I‘ve already worked on very successful start-ups so from a practical point of view I know what to do to become the best developer.
In all my courses, you'll acquire sound knowledge and I'll show you how to create applications in a modern way using the best coding practices available today.
Even though my courses are completed, I still update the content of all the lessons to help you stay up to date with what is needed in the workplace.
Thanks to enrolling in my courses, you'll get a lot of additional support and resources helping you to develop as a developer and to be a part of the dream project or even to create your own.