Ruby for Absolute Beginners!
- You should be able to use PC or Mac at the beginner level
As the Course title says it all, this course "Ruby For Absolute Beginners" is created absolutely for any one wanting to get their hands dirty and learn programming language.
Since Ruby has very little to no syntax, It is the most easiest language to learn any programming language.
If you are new to programming or have no prior knowledge about programming, then look nowhere.
This course is totally dedicated and planned for new comers who wants to learn programming and there is no any other simpler language than "Ruby" to learn programming.
Please find the curriculum or course contents below.
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: Software Setup
Java Installation for Mac
Bash Profile Set up for Mac
Java Installation for Windows
Ruby Installation for Mac
Ruby Installation for Windows
Rubymine installation for Mac
Rubymine Installation for Windows
Section 3: Ruby Essentials
What is String?
More String Methods
Conditional Execution - If & else
If & Else continued
Conditional Execution - Case
Array in Ruby
Looping - for/while/until
Ruby Methods Continued
Ruby Methods With Default Value
What are Ruby Classes?
Ruby Classes Continued
Regular Expressions Continued
Ruby Variables Types
Ruby Variables Types Continued.
Ruby as an OOP
Ruby OOP - Encapsulation
Ruby OOP - Inheritance
Ruby OOP - Inheritance Continued
Ruby OOP - Polymorphism
Ruby Modules Continued
Section 4: Conclusion
36. Final words
- Anyone who wants to get their hands dirty to learn programming language.
- Tips for Learning this Course00:54
- Java Installation for Mac04:16
- Bash Profile Set up for Mac03:59
- Java Installation for Windows05:26
- Ruby Installation for Mac07:05
- Ruby Installation for Windows03:13
- Rubymine Installation for Mac06:52
- Rubymine Installation for Windows07:03
- Eclipse(Rubymine Alternative) Installation for Mac06:20
- Eclipse(RubyMine Alternative) Installation for Windows08:05
- What is String?10:40
- String Methods13:10
- More String Methods12:47
- Integer in Ruby04:00
- Integer Methods12:09
- Conditional Execution - If & Else15:14
- If & Else Continued09:59
- Conditional Execution - Case13:14
- String Interpolation08:28
- Array in Ruby16:48
- Looping - for/while/until13:52
- Looping Continued09:32
- Advanced Looping09:26
- Hashes in Ruby13:32
- More Hashes08:01
- Ruby Methods08:03
- Ruby Methods Continued11:43
- Ruby Methods with Default Value05:37
- What are Ruby Classes?08:56
- Ruby Classes Continued10:16
- Regular Expressions11:02
- Regular Expressions Continued10:55
- Ruby Variables Types14:14
- Ruby Variables Types Continued16:25
- Ruby as an OOP(Object Oriented Programming Language)11:20
- Ruby OOP - Encapsulation12:39
- Ruby OOP - Inheritance09:09
- Ruby OOP - Inheritance Continued10:49
- Ruby OOP - Polymorphism11:14
- Ruby Modules06:48
- Ruby Modules Continued11:14
- File IO10:20
- File loading11:28
- Helpful Resources00:01
- Bonus (Secret)00:11
- Final Words01:14
Ashok Tulachan is an entrepreneur, avid automation engineer, software engineer in test, full stack developer, AWS certified developer and certified tutor for automation courses.
He has worked in numerous fortune 500 companies bagging more than 8 years of experience in Automation in different domains such as Financial, Mortgage, Insurance and Government with various different automation tools such as QTP, TestComplete, Selenium RC and Selenium WebDriver.
He loves learning new things both in technology and personal development and shares them on his website and blog. He have mentored students in class room trainings as well as in virtual world via skype and "Go to Meeting" software program throughout the world.
He has spoken on technical topics at several agile and automation conferences.
You can follow him on his company website and personal blog.