Top Programming Bundle: Learn Rails And Ruby Programming
- 11 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build Your Own Stock Market Website
- Use Databases with Ruby on Rails
- Deploy a Rails App To a Web Host
- Learn The Bootstrap CSS Framework
- Ruby From Beginner To Advanced
- Object Oriented Programming
- Set Up A Cloud Dev Environment
- Variables, Strings, and Data Types
- Getting User Input and Output
- Conditional If/Else & Comparisons
- Arrays, Loops, And Hashes
- Methods, Classes and More!
Check out my student Facebook Group...
It's a great place to get fast support for this course from me, to interact with other students, to post your projects and code, and to access course announcements and extras...
- No programming skills or special tools are necessary to take this course
- You just need a computer with Internet access and a Web Browser
This is a bundle of two of my most popular courses, "Ruby On Rails: Stock Market App" and "Ruby Programming For Everyone".
The question I get asked most often is this..."Do I need to learn Ruby in order to use Ruby on Rails?"
The answer is...No! But you SHOULD learn Ruby if you really want to become a Rails master. This course is perfect because you'll learn both the Ruby programming language from beginner to advanced AND Ruby on Rails.
We'll start out learning Ruby and we'll start by setting up a free cloud development environment that has all the tools you need to start writing and running Ruby code.
Then, we'll dive into very basic computer science concepts. Things like:
- Printing to the Screen
- String Manipulation
- Getting User Input
- Simple Math
- Comparison Operators
- Assignment Operators
After that, we'll move into more intermediate topics like:
- Conditional If/Else Statements
- While Loops
- Each Loops
Finally we'll finish up with more advanced topics like:
After that we'll move into Ruby on Rails and build a cool stock market app!
Our Stock Market app will let you look up stock quotes and financial information and save it to a database.
Users can create an account and sign up to your website, log in, add stocks, check stock prices and all kinds of other cool financial information.
We'll style the website using the popular Bootstrap CSS framework (I'll show you how to use it!)
We'll end by pushing our app to a professional web host (Heroku) which I'll show you how to use for free! We'll even talk about getting a domain name and all that fun stuff.
If you've ever wanted to learn Ruby on Rails and were put off about learning Ruby, then this is the course for you.
I'll see you on the inside!
- This course is aimed towards absolute beginners who want to learn the Ruby programming Language And Ruby on Rails Framework