Save time and boost your digital reach using RSS feeds
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Save considerable time in publishing content online to multiple locations
- Automate some everyday tasks in digital marketing
- Gain confidence that even a solo marketer can achieve much more in a limited time
- Share content via web, email and social media daily/regularly using free/low-cost tools that automate much of the process
- Win back time to do other digital marketing
- Experience of sharing web content via at least one digital channel - web, email, social media
- Some experience of blogging or publishing content on a website and/or via email
- No coding or web design skills needed
- Ability to use a PC at a beginner level
Do you find it takes far too much time to share some of your excellent digital content once you've created it? First you have to post it via Twitter, then to Facebook, and then don't forget to include it in your next email newsletter or update.
Wouldn't it be useful to be able to automate much of this process, so that every time you added a new blog post or new content to your site it was automatically distributed to various channels? And wouldn't it be particularly useful if there was a free tool to help you do this?
Good news. There is. RSS. Really Simple Syndication. You probably recognise its small square orange logo but have never been quite sure what it does.
This course guides you through making the most of it in four key ways:
- automate sharing your latest website content to another website (to reach a bigger audience)
- automate sharing your latest content via your email alerts
- automate sharing your latest content via your Twitter account
- automate sharing your latest content via more social channels - Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and more
Once you've set RSS up, it will just run, day in day out, sharing your content to a wide audience in multiple locations.
Think of the time you could save by automating one or more of these tasks.
No coding is required. This really is as straightforward as it sounds.
- Digital marketers
- Digital marketers who don't have enough time!
- Digital fundraisers at charities who want to achieve greater impact
- Anyone who runs a website and wants to share their content to a wider audience
- Any social media marketer that wonders if there is a faster way of doing what they do
Hi. I'm Howard Lake. I've worked in charity fundraising for 30 years, and published a website for charity fundraisers since 1994. I train and advise charities and companies on digital communications and fundraising. I love sharing some of the practical (and free/low cost) tips I've learned. And RSS feeds are still one of the big secrets that can transform what you do online.