In this course, we will follow the Rockschool curriculum to guide you through the essentials of becoming a music producer, including learning how to record, edit and mix.
The course will provide you with the necessary material needed to understand music production terminology as well as audio fundamentals.
You will be able to progress through the course and learn at your own pace while practicing on the digital audio workstation of your choice. We will also guide you through your coursework and give you practice questions so that by the end of this first course you will be confident and ready to pass your grade 1 Rockschool music production exam.
Sign up now and take the first step to become a music producer.
1. Course introduction
2. Music production theory - Instruments, microphones, DAWs and BandLab for education
3. Music production theory - Cables, mixing desks and file formats
4. Music production theory - sound and acoustics
5. Listening skills - Identifying instruments, note pitch, and note lengths
6. Listening skills - Rock and Pop music
7. Coursework - BandLab, adding tracks, rearranging tracks
8. Coursework - BandLab, adding a bassline and melody line
9. Coursework - How to export your project
10. How to apply for your RSL exam
This course is delivered by a third party and, as such, RSL is not responsible for any of the content provided or the quality of the training