ROS Basics: Program Robots!
- You should be able to get around a linux based operating system
- You should at least have beginner level experience with a programming language
ROS is a robotic middleware which offers a collection of packages for commonly used functionality, low level control, hardware abstraction and message passing.
ROS is all you need to transition from a hobbyist to a professional developer in the robotics domain! ROS is currently being used by hundreds of universities and tech start-ups around the world.
ROS powers a huge number of wheeled mobile robots, manipulators, aerial vehicles and much more! Basically, any kind of robot can be integrated to run with ROS. Research & Development is not the only place where ROS plays a major role. In real products, ROS has been successfully deployed in hundreds of robots. The current list of companies using ROS includes major players like Segway, ABB, Clearpath Robotics etc. and is growing every day!
This course covers the basics of ROS. It introduces you to the world of professional robotics programming! You will learn the tools and services that the ROS ecosystem offers in a structured and power-packed manner. If you master the content presented in this course, there is nothing to stop you from learning to program and use ANY robot that runs the ROS core libraries. It can be integrated with popular computer vision libraries like OpenCV and Deep Learning frameworks like Tensorflow, Caffe, perception library like PCL and motion planning library like MoveIt!
What this course doesn't cover:
- Robotics concepts
- Algorithms for planning, perception etc. We won't dive deeply into what kind of algorithms are implemented in each of the ros libraries
- Robotics hardware
The basics of ROS is already presented in the course. You can expect new content to be added regularly! This will include
- GUI tools
- URDF, TF
- Using pose estimation, localization and navigation libraries
- Model a robot using a 3D design software and export it for usage in ROS
- Simulation of a robot model in a real physics environment using Gazebo, vrep etc
- Visualize a robot's states like velocity, position, sensory information using rviz
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to build and program robots with Robot Operating System
- Robotics enthusiasts and hobbyists
- Well suited for electronics and computer science students
- 05:24VirtualBox Installation
- 00:15Exercise: Install VirtualBox on your computer
- 05:00ROS Installation
- 00:26Exercise: Install ROS on your machine
- 00:57Exercise: Create and build your own ROS package
- 01:10Exercise: Write your own code and build it with catkin
- 06:27Computational Graph
- 00:11End of Part 1
I am a Robotics and Automation graduate from PSG College of Technology, India
I have experience programming mobile robots and industrial manipulators using ROS
I am on Udemy with the intention to share my knowledge in the fields of CS and Robotics. Currently I am working in the fields of Supervised and Deep Reinforcement Learning.
Interested in computers, competitive programming, business and investing