3. Romanian grammar: present tense of "to be" and "to have"
What you'll learn
- Learn the Present Simple of verb TO BE (affirmative)
- Learn the Present Simple of verb TO BE (negative and interrogative)
- Learn the Present Simple of verb TO have (affirmative)
- Learn the Present Simple of verb TO have (negative and interrogative)
- Learn the basic numerals (1 to 10)
- Learn nationalities in Romanian
- Learn House related vocabulary
- Learn the Romanian phonetics (and the greetings ideally) before
In eight lessons, in less than 90 minutes, you will master the present tense of most used verbs in the Romanian language:
To be at present tense affirmative, interrogative and negative
To have at present tense affirmative, interrogative and negative
The course comes with two practice tests cumulating 160 teachers validated questions concerning the listed topics. Those are linked to ALL spoken forms of these verbs (abbreviated or lacking pronouns) for a better understanding during communication. Many Romanians, in usual conversations, don’t use the pure grammar forms of these verbs in the present tense, and there is an absolute need to know them to spot them in spoken language.
Besides the main topic, as a bonus, there are three vocabulary lessons (house-related, nationalities, and sentences/phrases used to establish a closer relation or – if needed – to break it) and the numerals from 1 to 12.
This course aims to deliver you the knowledge that will enable you to understand various forms of the verbs "a fi" and "a avea," including those largely used in spoken language and rarely touched in official courses as they are not in line with the "official" / colloquial language.
To ensure a smooth progression, if you start from 0, please make sure you study before the previous (free of charge) course I prepared on phonetics.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners to Romanian language
I am a professional trainer with 20 years of experience in teaching adults and creating training products for online or classroom-based education. I teach public speaking, facilitation/moderation techniques, personal development, leadership, presentation skills, and others at the international level, wherever I am asked. As a Romanian, teaching the Romanian Language is my passion. I recently started under the Udemy umbrella therefore please feel free to subscribe and/or send me your feedback. Education is a lifetime journey. Enjoy the ride!