Romancing Your Novel
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 13 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of the course you'll have a lot of great background on writing romance novels and if you follow the assignment will be well into creating your novel.
- In this course you'll learn about character and development, conflict and how it affects character and the basics for starting that Romance Novel or continuing one you've already begun.
- The requirements for the course are basic - you, your imagination and your computer are necessry. I definitely recommend connecting with other writers of romance - folks in the class and outside and am available for questions
- You need to have a big interest in romance writing and reading as well. Hopefully your ability in English is great, but ifnot, you can learn that either with other courses on UDEMY or other resources.
Have you wanted to write a Romance Novel, begun it and then just didn’t feel confident enough to keep on going? Did you have questions you couldn’t resolve for yourself? Or did you have an idea but didn’t know where to begin? Maybe you worked your way through the first draft, but you feel it just needs something?
It’s been said many times in many ways, “the most effective way to learn to write is to WRITE.”In this class, writing is what you’ll do.
As with most things in life, writing for any venue takes a lot of practice.
There is, however, another element, one which is elusive.As Somerset Maughm said, “there are three rules for writing the novel.Unfortunately no one knows what they are.”This kind of leaves the field wide open and since, as any writer will tell you, anything one tells you may be countermanded by another writer’s method, it’s all about finding your own voice.
So this particular course is designed for those who are already writing or wish to write a romance novel.
In this course Peggy Bechko will help you to succeed where you may have hesitated in writing that Romance novel and getting your writing out there.With a lively, personal approach to spark your ideas and writing, topics in this course will include:
·Character and Conflict, which comes first?
·Pulling it all together Conflict & Action/Planning & Plotting
·Point of View – do you want to get into her head or her skin?
·Look who’s talking – inquiring minds want to know
·Subplots – got ‘em? No? Then get ‘em
·Sexuality-sensuality – there are many levels
·Ending it all
·Researching the market
·Wrapping it all up
Romancing Your Novel Workshop will guide you on how to get that romance novel written, offer resources to help you move along and enjoy doing it all at the same time. It’s a fun and eye-opening course for new and learning romance writers!
- People interested in writing, particularly Romance Novel Writing
Considering Character and conflict and how to balance them to give your novel punch. This is a rather lengthy subject and continues in the next lecture - Part 2