Roman Blind Making Sewing The Professional Way
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Easy to follow videos showing you how to make a Roman Blind from start to finish
- Increase your earnings by making & selling top quality Roman blinds
- Understand how to assess and measure a window accurately and know the difference between inside and outside recess blinds
- Layout, cut and pin fabric, lining and padding accurately to create the perfect Roman blind
- Calculate the correct number of folds, and spaces needed for different size blinds
- Confidently machine and hand stitch everything together to create a professional Roman blind
- Understand child safety devices
- Prepare the blind ready for installation
- There are no prior requirements for this course, although basic sewing skills will help. If you can use a sewing machine then that will speed up the process but it's not a requirement.
Thank you so much for taking a look at my course. I am delighted to have you here.
Learn from an expert
With handy hints, and tricks of the trade this is a must do course for anyone who wants to produce top quality Roman blinds. Over 20 easy to follow videos will guide you through the entire process of making a Roman Blind. The step-by-step approach means that by the end of this course you will be confident you can measure a window accurately, select and prepare fabrics, and stitch everything together to produce a top quality Roman blind at a fraction of the retail price.
Earn while you learn
If you've ever bought a top quality Roman blind then you'll know how expensive they are - even for a relatively small one. If you're looking to save money, or even make money, by making you're own top quality Roman blinds, then this course will show you how.
Over 20 clear instructional videos, accompanied by downloadable guides and checklists, will guide you through each step of the process in detail, explaining the tools and component parts required for each step. You will learn how to measure and cut the lining and face fabric and how to join them all together to make a beautiful Roman blind. You will understand how to work out the different flap sizes and finally how to finish off your blind ready for installation. This course will teach you how everything is prepared and assembled to meet current child safety legislation and the different options available. Go from enthusiastic amateur to professional Roman Blind maker. This course will teach you everything you need to know.
- This course is aimed at anyone with basic sewing skills looking to earn extra money by making top quality Roman blinds. Ideally you will have an interest in Soft Furnishings, looking to make money producing top end Roman blinds at a fraction of the retail price.
This is the introduction to making beautiful hand finished Roman Blinds by Linda Turner Interiors. Using clear easy to understand videos, this course will guide you through all the steps needed, and the tools and materials you'll need, to produce a top quality Roman blind at a fraction of the retail price.
Using easy to follow instructions, guides and a checklist, by the end of this lecture you will be able to assess and measure a window for a Roman blind to either fit inside or outside of the recess.
This lecture will show you everything you need to have to make your own Roman blind. Included are some useful tips and a checklist of additional items you may like to get which may prove helpful.
In this lecture you will learn how to layout and cut your fabric, lining and padding to the correct size required for your blind
In this lecture you will learn how to calculate the size, and number, of folds needed for your blind. You will also be able to calculate the number and position of the rod pockets.