Master Guitar In 90 Days: Step-By-Step Lessons For Beginners
What you'll learn
- Play a Repertoire of Iconic Riffs and Songs from Classic and Modern Music
- Tune the Guitar
- Identify Notes Across The Fretboard
- Proficiently Play and Transition Between all Major/Minor Open Chords
- Play Scales and Improvise Guitar Solos
- Play 12 Bar Blues Progressions
- Understand Strum Patterns and Essential Rhythmic Techniques
- Effectively Play and Understand Rhythms such as Quarter Notes, Eighth Notes, Whole Notes, Half Notes and Sixteenth Notes
- Understand and Play Simple Barre Chords
- Have A Basic Understanding of Music Theory
- Students should have access to a six string acoustic or electric guitar and a guitar pick
This course offers beginner guitar lessons for students who want to learn guitar from the ground up and progress quickly to an intermediate and advanced level. We’ll take you from absolute square one and give you a comprehensive understanding of the guitar as we cover chords, scales, soloing, power chords, fingerpicking, strumming, rhythm and much more. We’re also going to keep it fun by constantly adding to your song repertoire with practical and engaging song examples from classic rock to country, blues, modern, alternative and more.
Our expert guitar instructors will encourage and motivate you while helping you develop good habits and a solid foundation. You’ll receive an in-depth daily guitar lesson from a team of 8 different teachers throughout the course, each bringing their own personal insight and experience to the table. In addition, you’ll have a practice guide with an overview of what material to practice each day after the lesson has concluded.
This course is an accelerated 90-Day program that will take you from barely being able to play air guitar, to having a comprehensive and versatile skill set across multiple genres of music! Not every student will be able to complete the course in 90 days, and that’s okay. There is enough material in this program to substitute 1 year or more of private guitar lessons. We encourage students to master the material presented in each lesson before moving on. Your dedication and hard work will pay off, we promise!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginner guitar players who want straightforward and organized guidance from a team of expert teachers . We start from the basics and guide you through every important technique and skill necessary to play any rock, blues, country, jazz, hip hop, bluegrass, metal, indie, contemporary or alternative song you can imagine. Along the way, we'll cover an incredible repertoire of iconic songs that help keep the lessons engaging and applicable. Our team of instructors will encourage you and keep you from developing bad habits that could stunt your growth. For anyone who has struggled to learn the guitar in the past, or who wants to dive in and learn the right way, this course if for you!
Taylor Barnett, founder at MusicMatchr, had his first musical experience when he was enrolled in piano lessons at a young age. After several lessons the instructor harshly told his parents that he had no musical talent and that they were wasting their money. A rough start to what would be a life dedicated to his passion for music. By the age of 12 Taylor proved that assumption wrong when he first picked up the guitar. From then on he never looked back. Over the years Taylor has honed his skills as a player and worked to master the many styles and genres of modern guitar playing, and he is still learning and growing as a musician to this day. He has plenty of performance experience under his belt, playing with his original band of long time friends and performing in worship groups for local churches. Taylor also pursued music academically in high school, earning high honors for classical performance that would eventually lead him to enroll as a performance major in the Jazz program at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. There he was part of the Jazz ensemble and had the opportunity to work with some the most respected and talented guitar instructors in the country. In addition, Taylor took on a minor degree for Music Technology which involves the art of recording, mixing, and multi-media. Soon after completing his degrees in music and business, he continued pursuing his passion through the art of music education and continues to enjoy working with students of all ages and skill levels from all walks of life. "My greatest joy is to see the same passion I have for guitar take shape in a new student."