Rock'n'Roll Piano For Beginners
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Play a simple pattern to accompany a rock'n'roll song
- Understand a 12 bar blues progression
- Play various left hand patterns for different feel and tempo
- Understand basic chord theory and chord structure
- Play genre typical right hand licks
- Improvise using scales, chords and runs
- Play easy to intermediate exciting rock'n'roll piano solos
- You should have a piano or a keyboard to practice
- Basic understanding of the piano is necessary
- Experience in piano playing is great, but not a must have
Do you want to learn how to play a truly exciting style of music on the piano?
Then this course is just right for you. We will start very slow, so you can follow along easily. Then in a very short time you will be able to accompany classic rock'n'roll songs like "Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On".
Then we will show you some variations and in the second section we will start with some basic solo playing. Ath the end of this section you will be able to play your first full 12 bar blues solo.
In the third section you will learn some typical licks and tricks, that will lift your solo playing to another level.
In every section we'll give you a musical theory background in small doses, easy to understand to suggest. Those lesson will enable you to play with more confidence because you will understand how the different scales (major scale, blues scale, country scale) and common chords work. We will also help you to improvise with those scales
In this course you will learn:
- A Basic Accompanying Pattern For Classic Rock'n'Roll Songs
- A Second Accompanying Pattern For An Even Stronger Sound
- The Structure Of A Standard 12 Bar Blues in thre different keys
- The Major Scale On The Piano and What You Can Do With It
- The Structure Of The Major Chord, The 6th Chord and The 7th Chord
- A Magic Chord That Lets You Play A Full Solo Without Even Changing
- Two Authentic Left Hand Patterns As Driving Force For Your Solo Playing
- The Structure Of The Blues Scale And How To Use It
- How A Blueberry Muffin Recipe Can Measure Your Progress
- Some Great Authentic Must Know Licks For The Right Hand
- How To Come Up With Your Own Licks
- The Structure Of The Country Scale And How To Use It
- How To Accompany A Typical 1950s Ballad
- Anyone who wants to learn how to play authentic rock'n'roll piano
- Piano players who want to expand their repertoire with new licks and tricks
you will learn a left hand pattern which is the first step on the way to accompany a standard rock'n'roll song.
you will learn the right hand pattern and how to combine both hands.
learn how to play a great left hand as a driving force for your solo playing
we show you how to derive the major chord from the mahjor scale
learn how to play an essential rock'n'roll riff