Rockabilly Guitar For Beginners
What you'll learn
- play authentic rockabilly guitar solos
- accompany 1950s rock 'n' roll songs
- figure out the chords of a song
- recognize various song structures e.g. 12 Bar Blues
- know how to play and how to use the diatonic scale
- You should have played the guitar for a few months and know how to play some basic chords.
- You should have a guitar, and a computer. Guitar Pro or Tuxguitar Software would be nice, but is not essential
If you have recently started to play the guitar and you want to play 1950s Rockabilly and Rock 'n' Roll the right way, then this course is perfect for you. We'll start with the basics and at the end of the course you have learned how to play 6 great Rockabilly Solos, that you won't find anywhere else on the internet.
In this course you will also learn:
- How to determine the key of a song
- The basics of the Nashville Number System
- To recognize and to play common chord progressions
- Which chords you should use In Rockabilly
- To master the fretboard layout
- Basic chord and scale theorie in a song context
- How to accompany a song and play behind a singer
- To play 6 simple to medium rockabilly solos note for note
- How to work out your own solo
Which materials are included in this course?
Over 2 hours of HD video lessons. The Note for Note Sections are filmed in split screen technique so you can catch every detail of both hands.
For every song you'll learn, I recorded a jam track at four different tempos that sounds as close as possible to the original. That makes it really fun to practice your solos at your own speed.
I also included tabs in PDF and Guitar Pro format as well as various graphics and chord diagrams
Don't hesitate to ask some questions in the discussion section throughout this course. I will answer each one of your questions as fast as possible.
Here is what my students and customers say:
"Thank you so much,for your help and for creating your website.you have
provided such a wealth of knowledge and skill for the pickers who just
cannot make that next step by themselves. this letter is from a very
grateful brian burke,regards and best wishes."
"Fantastic!! Great lesson by one of the best rockabilly guitar player.Thanks", Michael Simond
"It's great to see a guitar player showing how to play the solos to Dancing Doll", Art Adams
" I've retired and your lessons are really tasty. I can play Blues and Rock but your lessons are really opening things up.", Craig Wolf
"These lessons are really brilliant!! - Well recorded and clearly explained. Thank you for your efforts and I m in line to order my copy of this lesson", Pete Russ
Who this course is for:
- This guitar course is meant for guitar players who want to learn this exciting style of music. You should know how to play some basic open chords and know the concept of bar-chords, but no further knowledge is required. This course is probably not for you if you're looking for advanced techniques.
My name is Randy Richter, I was born in 1974 in Rostock, Germany. At age 16 I started to teach myself how to play the guitar. Shortly after I played shows around my hometown and in 1996 I became a full time professional musician. With my band Randy Rich and The Poor Boys we've toured all over Europe and the US and appeared on the biggest festivals in the scene. Due to our excellent skills and our love to the authentic sound of the 1950s I had the chance to play and record with many of the original rockabilly legends like Janis Martin, Glenn Honeycutt, Eddie Bond and Glen Glenn.
In 2005 I started to teach guitar to some local students. Because of the fun I was having doing that I extended this part of my job even further and now I'm also teaching people online via Skype. With my Rockabilly Guitar Video Lessons I have the chance to share my knowledge and my passion for the music of the 1950s to thankful students everywhere in the world.