Rock Painting for Beginners
- The eagerness to learn the art of stone painting and decorating
Rock Painting 101.
All tools and step by step instructions provided, Including:
Where to find rocks
What Kind of Rocks to paint on
How to prepare your rocks
Basic Start Up Supplies List
Step by Step Project Tutorials
How To Protect Your Finished Rock
Stone carvings (Petroglyphs) and Rock paintings (Pictographs) date back tens of thousands of years. Though the tools and methods have changed, the desire to communicate through art remains and is as strong as ever. This course covers the basics and my "out of the box" techniques that I use to create unique stone art in my Home Decor and Design businesses.
* Please Note! If you like a lot of talking, this course may not be for you. When I create art I get in a trance-like state and talking interrupts my flow. I do some voiceover introductions and descriptions here and there but this course is heavy on visual content. I do a lot of pop-ups on the screen that are full of helpful information and descriptions and I supply you with written resources as well. Also note, I will use the terms "stone" and "rock" interchangeably throughout this course. Also, I like to do things a little different than what is already out there, so I will NOT be doing any mandala designs. There are many great rock artists that have mastered that type of stone art. Here is a list of my favorites: Elspeth McLean, Maria Trujillo, Natasha Alexander, and F Sehnaz Bac.
- anyone interested in learning the basics of rock painting
- Introduction/Finding, Selecting, and Preparing Your Rocks00:12
- Finding, Selecting and Preparing Your Stones01:04
- Basic Supplies01:37
- Projects Intro00:03
- Project #1. Ladybug03:54
- Project #2. Fish03:07
- Project #3. Tree03:22
- Project #4. Rock Monster04:09
- Introduction to Paint Pouring00:28
- Paint Pouring Basics: Project #5. Dirty Pour on Multiple Rocks08:35
- Another Paint Pouring Video: Project #6. Multi- Color Paint Pour02:09
- Project #7 Paint Pouring: "Swirl" Technique00:00
- Project #8 Paint Pouring: "Ribbons" Technique00:00
- Project #9 Paint Pouring with added Embellishments03:55
- Project #10 Paint Pouring with Decoupage Technique03:01
- Protect Your Painted Stones with a Brush on Varnish01:01
- Protect Your Painted Stones with a Spray On Clear Gloss00:52
- How to find the center of your stone00:00
- Finishing the Bottom of the Rock00:53
- Design Ideas00:00
- Thank You!00:11
Rick Cheadle is a mixed-media artist. Inspired by his longstanding fascination with Mid Century art and design compositions that he grew up with, Cheadle's expansive portfolio is collected world-wide and includes large-scale wall art pieces, commission works for The Johnny Cash Museum, wall sculptures, found objects mobiles, as well as a plethora of mixed media works.
(From the Publication Let's Make Stuff) Multilayered and full of vibrant colors, Rick Cheadle artwork weaves tales of a beloved era in design and a unique blend of modern techniques to reignite our senses and fill our lives with beautiful colorscapes.