Robotic Process Automation: RPA Overview + Build a Robot
What you'll learn
- 💡 What Robotic Process Automation is, how it works and when to apply it
- 🔥 Why RPA is a hot topic right now and how it may enhance your career
- 🤖 To build a robot using the UiPath RPA platform
- 🚀 A 5-step implementation plan for piloting RPA in your company
- 🎯 How to set up an RPA Center of Excellence
- 🏅 How to grow as an RPA Professional
- A modern Windows computer with an internet connection (UiPath does not have a Mac version)
- A desire to learn about one of the most promising emerging technologies right now
Robotic Process Automation is a game-changing technology that is designed to automate high-volume, repeatable tasks that take up a large percentage of a workers’ time. Take this opportunity to prepare yourself for the future of work and get trained in one of the most in-demand skills.
The goal of this course is to provide you with a clear overview of what RPA is, how it works and when to apply it, and at the same time give you hands-on technology experience by helping you build a simple robot that automates a business process in the UiPath Studio RPA software. This way you’ll both understand the bigger picture, and you will know how the technology works in practice. Further, we will look at how to pilot the technology in an enterprise setting so that you know what steps to take to succeed with any RPA initiative in your organization.
By the end of this course you will know:
What RPA is and how it works
Why RPA is a hot topic right now
The pros and cons of the technology (RPA is not the solution to everything)
Who’s offering RPA software and what vendor to choose
The components of the UiPath Platform
The UiPath Studio Developer software
How to build a simple software robot (step-by-step exercise together with instructor)
A 5-step plan for piloting and implementing RPA in your enterprise
How to set up an RPA Center of Excellence
Critical success factors for succeeding with an RPA initiative
What to do next to further improve your skills after this course (I’ll point you in the right direction)
We will also have a look at various real-world examples on how RPA has been applied at different companies.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone that want to start a career as an RPA Professional, either as an RPA Developer or as an RPA Project Manager
- Anyone that want to confidently explain and discuss RPA in an enterprise setting or at a job interview
- Those who want to build their first software robot
- Those who want to know a basic process for piloting RPA in an enterprise setting
- Those who want to know how to establish an RPA Center of Excellence
- Anyone who takes pleasure in impressing their colleagues, boss or friends! 😃
Hi. My name is Tor-Inge Flaa, and I am happy you are reading this!
I am really excited about Robotic Process Automation (RPA), and I will do my very best to convey my excitement for the topic to you. Having worked both as an RPA Project Manager and as an RPA Developer in two consulting firms – Deloitte & Knowit Insight - I've really fallen in love with intelligent automation technologies. I believe RPA will continue to grow as one of the most promising emerging technologies for years to come.
My goal at Udemy is simply to help you get ready for the future of work, learn new skills and increase your overall life & work satisfaction by providing you with relevant and high quality courses.