Robot Framework Test Automation - Level 2
What you'll learn
- Use the command line to execute Robot Framework test suites with greater control
- Keep your Robot Framework test tools up to date
- Understanding of HTML Tags & Attributes, CSS, and Bootstrap
- Confidently automate sophisticated web applications
- Fully comprehend the end to end test automation analysis & scripting process
- Automate complex interactions across multiple web applications
- Create a custom Robot Framework library to extend out of the box capabilities
- Create data-driven scripts with multiple rows of data for the same test process
- Have access to a Windows, Linux, or Mac computer & Internet
- Have a basic understanding of the Robot Framework platform
- Have a basic understanding of Robot Framework scripting
In this course, we'll take a deeper dive into the technical capabilities of the Robot Framework test automation platform, taking your Robot Framework test automation skills to the next level:
Many quick tips to turbocharge your level 1 skills
Creating custom Robot Framework libraries
An effective "TO DO" script review process to improve collaboration with team members
How to keep your open source tools up to date
A deep dive into web locators
Conditionals & loops to make your scripts more logical
Advanced data handling with Dictionaries
A complete end to end example
By the end of the course, you should feel confident to pursue a role with any company who needs to introduce test automation into their software development lifecycle.
Robot Framework is fast becoming one of the most widely adopted open-source test automation frameworks. It's even being used for Robotic Process Automation (RPA) now, which I will cover in my related Robocorp - Robot Framework RPA course!
Once you have used Robot Framework, you'll understand how it puts the focus on the most important part of test automation - THE TESTS. It de-emphasizes spending hundreds of hours creating and maintaining a "custom test automation framework". Use Robot Framework to create the best business outcome. You will be promoted faster that way vs. spending hundreds of hours creating and maintaining a custom test automation framework.
Who this course is for:
- Manual QA professionals with no test automation experience
- Test automation professionals with limited Robot Framework experience
- Developers who are interested in automating their testing
Bryan Lamb is a 30 year veteran tech leader, entrepreneur, educator, and a 4-time UiPath MVP. He is a VP of Intelligent Automation at a major US bank by day and creates high quality online training courses in his "spare time"!
Bryan's goal is to help improve YOUR life, help you earn more income, help you gain confidence with a variety of skills, and empower you to do greater things that you ever imagined!