Roblox Intermediate Coding Course
What you'll learn
- Indepth understanding of Lua the coding language used to create Roblox games
- Complex programming concepts and how to apply them
- Create multiple tool scripts to utilize in your own games
- How to have your players interact with objects, clothing and other players through code
- Create a Round Based Game Loop with a Lobby, timers and telporters
- Create a Simple Simulator to use as a template for your own simulation game ideas
- Learn to code concepts for a Survival game including spawning, hunger, rebirths and much more
- Learn to save and retrieve your players data using datastores
- Create and use animations in your projects
- Make your experiences mobile friendly
- Basic understanding of Roblox Studio and Lua
- Ability to install Roblox Studio on Pc or Mac
- A file decompression utility such as WinZip, or Archive to download and open lesson resources
Roblox is ranked as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18. It's popularity is driven purely by the community, with millions of people signing up through word of mouth every month.
Roblox is powered by a global community of over 2 million developers who produce their own immersive multi player experiences each month using Roblox Studio. Any experience imaginable can be created on Roblox.
As of February 2020 there has been 28 Billion hours played (since 2008) and 150 Million Dollars has been paid to Roblox Community Developers.
This course will teach you how to create a coding toolkit, how to create a round based game with a timer and lobby and how to create your own simulator style game.
Over 50 individual scripts explained with working examples to learn and download.
A round based project with a lobby and timer that moves players from the lobby to the game and back to the lobby at the end of each round.
A basic Simulator project that you can use as a template to begin creating any simulator you can imagine.
A Camping Survival Simulator project that shows you some ideas about how to create a simulator and challenge your players.
Take all the concepts you learn here and create the best game in the world ever!
Who this course is for:
- Roblox coders
- Beginner Coders
- Intermediate Coders
I have been learning and teaching computing and programming for over 20 years.
My lectures are organised, well presented, and easy to follow.
I was introduced to playing Roblox, and creating in Roblox Studio by my 10 year old son.
I love the Roblox platform, and the resources available to create a professional Roblox game.
I have created these courses to teach you step by step how to turn your ideas into working games, and once you have the basics you can begin to create any game you can imagine.