Ultimate Fashion Photography Masterclass: Your 2018 Guide
What you'll learn
- Form and shape light creatively to tell a story
- Direct models in a unique way that evokes emotion
- Direct a team of creatives such as hair and makeup artists to achieve strong final images
- Color, tone, and finalize images in Photoshop in a way that stands out
- Master the basics of retouching
- Present a complete set of editorial images for clients
- Basic camera skills recommended including how to use f-stop, shutter speed, ISO, and focal adjustments.
- Platform doesn’t matter: Demos are on Mac but PC users are all welcome!
- You will be guided through downloading Photoshop and the presets you need in the course. We will be using the latest Creative Cloud version of Photoshop.
- Course files are attached for each lecture. You can download them ahead of time for an uninterrupted learning experience.
- You should have a DSLR camera for this course, I would not recommend a cell phone.
If you love hands on learning and want to become a successful photographer in your genre, this course is the best way to get that experience online. As a self-employed photographer who has traveled the world to teach over 75 workshops, I know how to help you reach a broader audience and client base with your work. I’m proud to have worked with large clients such as Capitol Records and 500px, and to be published in various magazines and media outlets internationally.
In the Ultimate Fashion Photography Masterclass, I will help you reach your own goals, whether they involve making better photographs or using a more advanced portfolio to score clients and publications. Everything starts with elevating the quality of your work.
In this course you will:
Learn how to work with off-camera lights
Capture photos in-camera that require less post processing
Direct models in a unique way that evokes emotion
Direct a team of creatives such as hair and makeup artists to achieve strong final images
Color, tone, and finalize images in Photoshop in a way that stands out
Master retouching in Photoshop
Present a complete editorial set of images for client delivery or publication
This course is also full of exercises where you’ll practice your camera techniques, work with new models, and brush up on your Photoshop skills. The inspiration, lighting, and editing exercises we’ll explore in this course will push you to think more creatively. They will also expand the way you see the world around you and ultimately allow you to produce the best photographs possible.
Why Learn Fashion Photography?
Whether you’re a wedding photographer, portrait photographer, or specifically interested in fashion, take this course to elevate your personal skills and photographic style. Fashion photography is the pinnacle of the photographic industry, employing the most creative and inventive techniques to produce some of the most captivating results.
Why Learn from Me
While other courses may take you through a specific skill or photographic style, this course is an immersive, behind the scenes look at the process of being a self-made fashion photographer, giving you priceless personal insight that will encourage your photographic career. Having taught over 75 workshops in 5 continents around the world, I’ve mastered helping new photographers avoid common mistakes and build their skills from the ground up.
Let’s jump into the Ultimate Fashion Photography Masterclass. Sign up for my course today!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for aspiring fashion and fine art photographers, hobbyists looking to get more serious with photography, and fashion students and design professionals who want to take better photos of their creations.
- This course is for intermediate photographers looking to improve production abilities, who aspire to do photography full time.
- This course might not be the best fit for absolute beginners to photography who do not know how to operate a DSLR. This course is a better fit for beginners who know how to operate a camera and use basic Photoshop tools such as the paint brush, selection tools, etc.
- This course is for professionals looking to be re-inspired or pursuing a change of direction in their creative style.
Rob Woodcox is a fine art and fashion photographer based in New York City and Portland, Oregon. Rob has taught thousands of students through over 75 workshops in 15 countries around the world. As his audience expands online, he exercises his talent for photography with a passion that is unquenchable and contagious. As he creates each piece of his artwork, Rob strives to capture fragments of a vivid life sewn by the threads of reality, memory and dream. Each concept is a declaration of his experience and seeks to tell a meaningful story to each individual that views it.