Road to Exhibition
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will be introduced to building your brand as an artist
- You will be introduced how to look for venues where you can stage your works and how to approach them
- You will be given guidance and will be exposed to tools on preparing artwork for an exhibition
- You will be presented financial aspects around the organisation an exhibition as an artist
- You will be presented 3 methods for pricing your artwork
- You will be able to understand what to plan for when organising an exhibition opening (vernissage)
- No prior exhibition experience is required
In this course, you will be first introduced to techniques on how you can brand yourself as an artist. Then, you will be introduced to venues where you can stage your work and how to approach them. From there, the course gets into the details of planning an exhibition. You will be given guidance and will be exposed to key aspects of preparing and running an exhibition together with budget considerations. You will as well be presented 3 methods for pricing your artwork as an emerging artist. Ultimately, you will be initiated on how to prepare and hang an exhibition of your own artwork and what to consider when running an opening (vernissage) and increase artwork sales opportunities.
- Current or aspiring visual artists who have little (maximum 2 exhibitions) or no experience in preparing exhibitions and running a vernissage
- Anybody curious about an artist's process to getting artwork exhibited
This is the very first lecture in this series, where we'll go through introductions and an overview of the course structure.
Here, we'll be looking at who the target audience is for the course as well as the key learning objectives.
Here, we'll be looking at why an exhibition is important objective for an artist.
In this lecture, we'll see that having the right mindset and focusing on an objective is key for success.
In this lecture, we'll review the definition of a portfolio and key considerations.