Risk Management: Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment
What you'll learn
- The place of risk assessment in a health and safety management system and in our daily lives
- The need and reason for carrying out risk assessment before doing any task
- Identification of hazards in the workplace
- Carry out complete risk assessment, i.e. (identification of severity and likelihood, and evaluate risk)
- Identify the hierarchy of risk control / appropriate control techniques
- Learn practically the making of a hazard risk assessment sheet from the scratch
- Be able to read and understand English
- Have preliminary knowledge of Health & Safety
- Understand the working on own organization or industry
We are living in a world where we are facing hazards every day and everywhere, the moment you wake up and went to the washroom, start your car drive to work, and work at an office and then come back home, you will bump into thousands of hazards including from slipping and tripping at home or reckless drivers on roads or any of the others depending on the type of work you are involved in. When we look at the industry we can see many dangerous processes going on, there are machines with moving parts, high-temperature procedures, people working at height handling sharp equipment and working in underground tunnels and mines, they are facing many hazards which can cause them near misses, injuries and in extreme cases deaths. Thus there is a need for Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment (HIRA) techniques.
Risk Assessment techniques must be understood in order for careful assessment of risk assessment if you are made responsible for risk assessment in your department you must be able to know what are the primary sources of hazards and how to evaluate those hazard by grading of likelihood and severity.
You don't need to be an expert level health and safety professional in order to carry out this job, however, you must be aware of HIRA which you will study in this course.
Key Takeaways - Students will be going to learn practically the making of a hazard risk assessment sheet from the scratch, the risk assessment sheet prepared in Microsoft Excel is the tool which I have developed for a logistics firm where I have worked as an HSEQ Manager. It is an excel based sheet with formulas you can download it from the downloadable resources tab of this lecture.
Who this course is for:
- People who are responsible for hazard identification and risk assessment
- Those who want to learn the making of a hazard risk assessment sheet
- People who are in health and safety department
- Engineering students, engineers, professionals, team lead, safety officers, want to increase their knowledge on this subject
- Anyone who want to learn about health and safety
- Those who are responsible for handling and maintenance of safety documentation in industries
HSE-Q Trainings is a Training and Consultancy firm, we have a team of trainers who are certified in International Diploma in Safety Engineering (Level 6) – by NCFE, UK – Accredited for GRAD IOSH , Certified IOSH Managing Safely – by IOSH, UK, HABC Fire Safety Certified – by HABC, UK, ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor Certified – by IRCA, UK and many more, we have a experience in giving training session on topics like ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, OHSAS 18001, Behavior Based Safety, Leadership, Career Counseling, Managing Emotions & Attitude at Workplace, Interview Skills & Resume Writing, HSE, Fire Safety, 5-s, Risk Assessment (HIRA + TRA), Basic Warehouse Safety, we have trained staff and management of some high level organizations like Hilong, Three Gorges Wind Mill Farm, Hascol, Agility & Tristar, The Citizen Foundation, Society for Education & Welfare, Society for International Educaiton, Evolution a US Consulate Project for education. We are working for more than 9 years in national and multinational firms in quality, health and safety, operations and supply chain.