Rigging Your Character For 3D Animation In Unreal Engine 4!
What you'll learn
- You will be able to rig and animate a character in Unreal Engine 4 using the Allright Rig plugin and output your animations to video.
- You will receive the Creature "The Dweller" by Josh P. Crockett - fully rigged and ready to animate!
- Course includes the full Unreal Engine 4.17 scene - setup and ready to go! (v 4.17 required for the free version of Allright Rig 1.3)
- UE4 Scene Contains Allright Rig 1.3 (free version) installed
- Full step-by-step instructions on how to setup your characters with Allright Rig 2.0
- Instructions on how to prepare your characters for rigging in Allright Rig 2.0
- Allright Rig 2.0 Presets for DAZ characters: Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3, Genesis 8
- Allright Rig 2.0 Presets for Paragon characters: Shinbi & Dekker
- Unreal Engine 4 - FREE (version 4.17 required for included project file). DAZ Studio (both are free programs)
IMPORTANT UPDATE! Allright Rig's price has now been lowered to $49.99 in the Unreal Engine Marketplace.
Even with the introduction of the new Epic Control Rig, I have found the Allright Rig to be a very helpful tool. It's an all in one tool, where you can rig your character's body AND facial morphs, so it is ready for animation in Sequencer.
FINALLY! The Holy Grail of animation (Lip Synch animation) can be done INSIDE of Unreal Engine 4 with the new plugin "Allright Rig 2.0" created by Alexander Shatalov. This course contains over 3.5 hours of video instruction along with:
Complete Unreal Engine 4 Scene File
Allright Rig 1.3 (free version)
"Dweller" creature character, fully rigged (created by Josh P. Crockett)
Presets for Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3, & Genesis 8 characters
Complete video instruction (over 3.5 hours) on how to rig and animate your character - from beginning to end!
No longer do you need to purchase expensive programs such as Maya and 3DS Max to animate your characters - now you can achieve stunning quality with the powerful combination of DAZ Studio, Unreal Engine and Allright Rig 2.0!
Here is some additional information about the plugin:
Modular rigging system allows you to create any kind of rigs.
Facial rigging using bones and blend shapes.
Baking animation from an animation sequence to the rig and vise versa.
Partial animation editing.
Copy/paste, mirror animation using animation tools.
Animation constraints such as parent, point, orient, scale and aim.
Animation curve filters such as butterworth, peak removal, simplify curve.
Custom Blueprint library.
Presets for different character rigs.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning how to rig and animate inside Unreal Engine 4.
I've been making films and doing visual effects on indie films for over 15 years. When I discovered Unreal Engine 4 I was blown away by it's realistic real-time rendering engine! I immediately saw that Unreal Engine (UE4) was a game changer and that it had now become possible for a small studio consisting of a few artists to pull off a Hollywood quality feature length animated film!
In the past it would take hours, if not days, to render each frame of an animation, which made it impossible for an independent artist to complete a full length film. It would literally take years to render all the frames of a movie.
All this has changed with Unreal Engine 4 - the playing field has been leveled and it is now truly up to the talents and skill set of the artist/storyteller to create their vision. No longer will you be held back due to limitations of technology.
Join with me as we begin a journey in using this awesome tool-set - I think you will find it not only fun, but extremely satisfying on a creative level.
Josh Crockett is a creature and character artist for the film, tv, gaming, and publishing industries. Josh started 3D in 2002 and has been hooked ever since. He started using Zbrush in 2009. His work has been featured numerous films such as Spiders 3D, Lavalantula, Welcome to Willits, Zoe, The Dark Tapes, American Horror Story, Extant the series and he was lead designer on the Stan Against Evil for the IFC channel for season 1 and 2. Josh is also currently a published artist at Daz3D. Josh continues to expand his sense of design and push himself as an artist.