Ribbons & Hairbows Galore
What you'll learn
- By the end of the course, you will be equipped to confidently create feminine, fashionable hair accessories to use for your own families, for gifts, or for an on-the-side entrepreneurial venture.
- Make 4 different hairbows, ranging from ones appropriate for a "run around at the park" kind of day, to ones fancily formal and the perfect, stunning addition to a mass of curls at the next wedding or music recital!
- Make a wild hair tie to hold those flyaway ponytails!
- Make a hair band/bow set, perfect for busy mornings when Mom doesn't have time to style the hair. Just comb it out, slip it in, and run!
- Make the classic hair bow organizer -- Mom's favorite! No more mess in the bathroom or on the dresser -- simply hang the organizer on the back of the door and clip the bows to it! Viola!! -- you have a far more tidy room and it will be a simple job to select the bow you want for the day.
- Materials needed for this course are covered at the beginning of each lecture, though a few basic materials necessary for each project are ribbon, scissors, a small hot-glue gun, and craft wire.
Welcome to Ribbons and Hairbows Galore here on Udemy! I am so glad you have joined me to explore a few of the many options for making cute and stylish hair accessories. Often, these can be quickly and easily made at home for a fraction of the retail cost, and the projects themselves are so much fun that it may just serve to satisfy and "arts and crafts" craving that overwhelms you at times. Throughout the course, we will explore several different ideas to get you started, ranging from casual "play day" bows to bows suitable to adorn a darling little flower girl at your next family wedding. (Also included is the practical hair bow organizer -- sure to be Mom's favorite!) Each lecture provides step by step instruction, and clear video footage, so that even the most hesitant beginner can learn with ease. My goal is to equip you -- no matter what your past experience or skill may be -- with the knowledge you need to create accessories for your own families, for gifts, or for an on-the-side entrepreneurial venture.
So, grab your ribbon, scissors, and creativity, and prepare to have a blast! Let's get started!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who would love to create stylish personal accessories and who wants step-by-step guidance in starting out!
Hello! We are the Neely Team, a family of twelve that loves to work together and has an intense interest in entrepreneurial endeavors. Whether it be hand-pouring candles, sewing therapeutic cherry pit packs, creating adorable hair accessories, teaching classical music from our home studio, preparing nutritious and delightful meals to feed an army, or dreaming up future possibilities, we delight in being and working together as a Team. Though we are not perfect, we desire to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ in everything that we do, and to serve all of the people He brings our way with kindness, integrity, and professionalism.
As our family has grown and matured, we have seen the necessity of efficiency, organization, and creativity in our home. This has caused us to seek out and develop many practical skills necessary to thrive with such a large number of people living together under one roof. Through the excellent medium of communication available here on Udemy, we hope to pass some of those skills on to you so that you can be more equipped to meet the needs of your family, friends, and community.
Today you will meet Kathryn, one of our older daughters, who is currently living at home and pursuing a host of different endeavors. Her days are full to overflowing as she manages our eBay stores; continues her pursuit of excellence in classical violin, cello, and piano; furthers her skill in music pedagogy; participates in our family music ministry; and manages the website inventory for Accurate Innovations, a local company manufacturing custom rifle stocks. On the side, she enjoys studying midwifery, overseeing the family garden, serving as photo-session assistant for JessiLise Photography, reading, writing, participating in the local farmer’s market, assisting to coordinate/cater events and conferences, and cultivating other homemaking skills. She first began making hair accessories for her younger sisters, but that has grown and she now sells them locally and online.
Thank you so much for stopping by -- feel free to contact us with questions and comments, and stay alert for more courses by the Neely Team here on Udemy!