Revit to IFC: An Export Guide
- Windows computer with Autodesk Revit installed
- Familiar with the Revit environment, including how to add parameters to projects and families
- Awareness of Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) useful but not essential
Been asked to export IFC files to facilitate coordination on a construction project? Or maybe you are required to provide model based data for asset register.
In this course we'll look at how to successful export an Autodesk® Revit® 2022 model to Industry Foundation Classes....or IFC. Often on construction projects, where 3D models are to be exchanged between organisations, the quality of models exchanged when using IFC are inconsistent, non-compliant and are often to the detriment of the project rather than beneficial.
In this course we'll explore the IFC schema and how it is structured. We'll then go and look at how to set up and export your Revit models so that they comply with this schema and ensure that the correct information and geometry is included as part of the exchange.
This course is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, Autodesk Revit are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document. © 2022 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
Who this course is for:
- Revit users looking to exchange compliant IFC files with other organisations
- Architects, engineers or contractors looking to develop their use of models for activities such as clash detection, construction sequencing and quantification
- Consultants specifying IFC models as a deliverable on construction projects
- 06:36IFC Export - Basics and Setup
- 17:43IfcProject, IfcSite & IfcBuilding (Project Information)
- 11:21IfcBuildingStorey (Levels)
- 10:07IfcSpace (Rooms)
- 12:36IfcZone (Rooms)
- 19:06IfcElement (Components) - Part 1
- 05:35IfcElement (Components) - Part 2
- 15:42IfcClassificationReference (Classifications)
- 06:34IfcPresentationLayer (CAD Layer)
Experienced Senior BIM (Building Information Modelling) Coordinator, currently working for an architectural practice in the United Kingdom.
Roles include the technical support, workflow development and software training to design team members.
Primary objective is to ensure that my courses are easily understood by students of all levels, drawing on nine years in industry to create engaging and informative content.
Education - Bachelor of Arts (Hons) - Architectural Studies, Newcastle University, UK