Reverse Engineering Ransomware
What you'll learn
- The lectures, videos and other resources will provide relevant information about current malware analysis tricks
- How to use disassemblers and other security tools
- How to identify flaws in ransomware code or encryption logic
- Practice on progressively difficult samples which illustrate different concepts each
- Practice acquired knowledge via quizzes for each section
- How to write simple decrpytors in a high-level language (source code provided)
- Basic programming knowledge
- A computer that can run a Windows virtual machine.
- An interest in disassembling things and understanding how they work!
- Patience and perseverance to “try harder”.
The aim of this course is to provide a practical approach to analyzing ransomware. Working with real world samples of increasing difficulty, we will:
Deep dive into identifying the encryption techniques,
Navigate through various evasion tricks used by malware writers,
Have fun discovering flaws in their logic or the implementation and
Work out automated ways to recover the affected files.
If you're already familiar with the basics and want to dive straight into advanced samples, navigate anti-virtualisation and anti-analysis tricks, and write C and Python decryptors for custom crypto algorithms, please check out our Advanced Reverse Engineering Ransomware course!
Who this course is for:
- Security testers
- Malware analysts
- Forensics investigators
- System administrators
- Information security students
- Anyone interested in ransomware and malware analysis
Hello and welcome everyone. My name is Cristina. I am a trainer and coach with a strong background in Software Security. For the past 10 years I’ve been working in software industry where security is a topic on a daily basis. I am very happy that you decided to join my courses! Thank you