Reverse Engineering: Create Your Own GUI CrackMe using C++
What you'll learn
- C++ Programming
- Creating Windows GUI Based Crackmes
- Using Embarcadero C++ Builder
- Installing C++ Builder
- Simulate serial keys, trial periods, server activation, time
- Simulate functionality limits
- Create Trial Periods Crackme
- Build Client-Server Activation System
- Build Standalone Programs
- Customizing GUI Windows Styles and Icons
- Create Forms Labels Buttons Input Boxes
- Showing Message Boxes
- Build an Auto-generating Serial Number Crackme
- Showing Nag Screens
- Implementing Anti-Debugger Protection
- and more...
- Windows PC
- Some basics in C++ Builder
If you want to get started quickly on building rich gui-based crackmes using drag and drop method the easy way, then this course is for you. You will learn how to use Embarcadero C++ Builder (Free Community Edition) to create form-based apps much like Visual Basic, where you drag and drop buttons, input boxes, labels etc onto forms. A CrackMe is a small program designed to test a programmer's reverse engineering skills.
You will also learn C++ programming. After learning the basic skills taught in this course, you will be able to create any type of crackme you can imagine. Publish them on crackmes websites or share with your friends, or, put up on youtube, etc. Your limit is your imagination!
This course is also ideal for Software Developers who want to learn how to protect their software from being reversed. They can rapidly create crackmes to test out new ideas and if it works implement the ideas in their real software. The CrackMe's you build are compiled into native exe files and are suitable for practising reverse engineering using x64dbg or any windows reversing tools you prefer.
This course covers:
Installing C++ Builder
Building Form Based Apps
Using Forms, Labels and Buttons
Using Edits boxes and Message Boxes
Use Strings and Integers
Simulate serial keys licensing
Simulate trial expiration
Simulate functionality limits
Simulate server activation
Understanding Trial Period software
Understanding Software Registration process
Build standalone programs
Using Forms, Buttons, Textboxes, MessageBoxes
Creating Auto-generating Serial CrackMe's
Nag screens CrackMe's
Implementing Anti-Debugger Protection
Build a Client-Server Activation System CrackMe
Who this course is for:
Anyone interested to create their own crackme's for practising Reverse Engineering or CTF (Capture The Flag) Challenges
Programmers who want to get started in Reverse Engineering but do not have any targets to practice on
Students who want to learn C++ Programming the fun way
Software developers who want to learn how to protect their software
Full source code is provided with each lesson. You can download them or build from scratch by following the lessons.
What better way to get started in C++ and also creating your own windows form-based programs the easy and fun way!
Enroll today and I'll see you inside.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested to create their own crackme's for practising reversing or CTF (Capture The Flag) challenges
- Programmers who want to get started in Reverse Engineering but do not have any targets to practice on
- Students who want to learn C++ Programming the fun way
- Software Developers who want to rapidly test out new software protection ideas
I am a semi-retired college lecturer with more than 20 years experience in teaching computing and information technology. My interests range from reversing, coding to graphics design, apps, games development, music, health, spirituality and well-being. In my spare time, I also play the piano and keyboard. I enjoy teaching face-to-face and online and also love educating and inspiring others to succeed and live the life of their dreams.