Return on Investment (ROI) Analysis for Manufacturing
What you'll learn
- Capital investment justification (equipment, new processes, building, etc.)
- Accounting principles such as balance sheets, COGS, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and gross margin.
- Net Present Value (NPV), Cost of Capital and the Time value of money
- Free Excel templates to build your own capital justification model
- Net Working Capital and the typical business cycle.
- Financial modeling and analysis
- Fundamental knowledge of manufacturing
- Basic Excel skills
- Basic math skills
Return on Investment (ROI) Analysis for Manufacturing teaches the tools, models and concepts manufacturing professionals need to determine if a significant investment like a new piece of equipment will be financially beneficial to their organization.
This course teaches the basics of ROI analysis such as estimating revenues, on-going expenses, and the initial investment. It also explores more advanced aspects of capital investment justification such as adjusting for risk, changes to net working capital, and estimating overhead.
It then shows the student how to assemble these projected expenses and revenues into a financial model designed to return the Net Present Value (NPV) of the project. NPV is the method experts agree is the best for evaluating capital investments.
If you are eager to add business finance and financial modeling to your skill set, then this is the class for you!
If you are looking to merge your project engineering skills with the real world of business finance, or move from an engineering role to a managerial one, then this course is for you!
If you are looking for a clear and straight-forward explanation of the sometimes confusing world of business finance, then sign up today!
"It is comprehensive and straightforward instruction with practical examples." - Ben P.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone that wants to improve their business finance knowledge skills
- Industrial and Manufacturing engineers and managers
- Project managers
- Anyone interested in financial modelling
Ray Harkins is a senior manufacturing professional with over 25 years experience in manufacturing engineering, quality management, and business analysis. During his career, he has toured hundreds of manufacturing facilities and worked with leading industry professionals throughout North America and Japan. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology from the University of Akron, and his Master of Science from Rochester Institute of Technology where he majored in Manufacturing Leadership and Project Management. He is a senior member of the American Society of Quality, and holds their Quality Engineering, Quality Technician, Quality Auditing and Calibration Technician certifications. Ray has written extensively for national trade publications on the topics of quality engineering and career management.