Photoshop High-End Retouching Masterclass
What you'll learn
- High-quality, non-destructive skin retouching
- Dodge & Burn as an alternative to Frequency Separation
- Processing images in Camera Raw
- Cleaning up blemishes and other texture issues
- Evening out skin while maintaining realism
- Contouring the face to add definition and dimension
- Retouching, defining and sharpening eyes
- Color correcting skin hue issues
- Adding style and color in Photoshop
- Sharpening and exporting from Photoshop
- You need Adobe Photoshop
- A basic understanding of Photoshop is recommended
Whether you're new to portrait editing or have been retouching for a while now, you're probably here because you're looking to learn how to create a higher-quality retouch.
What sets a high-quality retouch apart from an average retouch? If you can create a result that looks like real skin and makes the model look like herself, yet she still looks flawless - you've created a high-quality retouch! Popular trends are moving away from airbrushed-looking images, where models are made to look like porcelain dolls. Instead, we are moving towards images that feel unretouched and "real".
Often, basic techniques such as frequency separation can create results that look over-edited. The techniques taught in this tutorial will instead create a very natural result that maintains the complete structural integrity and all the texture of the model's skin!
You will learn a retouching workflow that is centered around quality and efficiency. The techniques are unique and novel and can be applied to any portrait shot (daytime / studio / nighttime / etc.). This tutorial will take your retouching game to the next level!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners in portrait retouching
- Intermediate to advanced portrait retouchers
- Retouchers who want to learn an alternative to Frequency Separation
- Retouchers who want to improve their current skills and add new tools to their arsenal
I'm a full-time photographer, retoucher, and photography coach based in Los Angeles, and share my portrait work with over 160,000 followers on Instagram. I am classically trained, and my style ranges from traditional studio work to surreal, fantasy-style narrative portraits. I've taught over 1000 students via tutorials, in-person workshops, and online sessions since 2018.